The price of the primary cryptocurrency dumped again, this time from around $35,000 to below $33,000. Dropping to its new six-month low caused a lot more pain for over-leveraged traders.
- CryptoPotato reported earlier today that bitcoin was fighting to stay above $35,000 after yesterday’s inability to jump over $36,000.
- However, the asset quickly lost that battle and, in the following hours, plummeted by more than $2,000 to its lowest price level since late July at just under $33,000. Minutes later, BTC bounced off to nearly $34,000.
- The situation with the alts is similar, if not worse. Ethereum is down to $2,250, after exceeding $2,500 yesterday, while Binance Coin, Solana, Cardano, Polkadot, Avalanche, Shiba Inu, and many others, have dumped by double-digit percentages.
- Somewhat expectedly, this enhanced volatility in a short period of time has caused pain for over-leveraged traders.
- Coinglass data shows that the liquidations jumped to over $100 million in the past hour since BTC’s latest dump began. On a 4-hour scale, the liquidations are worth nearly $200 million.
- More than 100,000 traders have been wrecked in the past day, with the single largest liquidation order happening on Bitmex worth $6 million.
- It’s worth noting that bitcoin traded above $43,000 on Thursday. This means that the asset has lost over $10,000 of its value (23%) in four days.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 25% off trading fees.