- The The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has disapproved, after several postponements, First Trust SkyBridge’s Spot BTC Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) application. The SEC stated that any rule change in favor of ETF approval would not be “designed to prevent fraudulent and manipulative acts and practices” or to “protect investors and the public interest.”
- The The Central Bank of Russia has begun to examine the operations of Russian banks with exchanges. Transactions between individuals through these platforms are of special interest, since the regulator considers that they carry risks of financial loss and fraud.
- Terraform Labs, the company behind the Terra (LUNA) blockchain, announced the formation of the Luna Foundation Guard (LFG), a non-profit organization created to encourage the growth of the Terra ecosystem. The initial goals of the LFG include raising awareness of blockchain technology, creating educational programs, allocating grants to fund product development, and making online communities transparent about ongoing activities and projects.
- The annual report of KuCoin shows that its native token KCS has seen a 3,100% annual price rally, and the average daily trading volume on its platform was up 1,100%. In addition, the exchange reached a cumulative trading volume of $1 trillion, with KuCoin’s futures market share increasing from 0.9% to 3%.
- The Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Virtual Showroom Startup Cyber introduced a new functionality that allows users to connect with each other through a portal with “doors”, each of which leads to a gallery curated by a different user.