You can now participate in the Lunar New Year 2022 event of pokemon gowhich will be in force between February 1 and 7, and will have as great attractions the possibility of capturing a shiny Litleo and a shiny Espurr.
If what you want is to capture the shiny Litleo, just play pokemon go as you usually do, because the pokémon will appear in random encounters while you explore the world. You will also have opportunities to capture it by doing time-limited research and field research tasks.
Another way to find Litleo is in the spotlight hour of pokemon go on Tuesday, February 1, between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. local time.
On the other hand, if what you are looking for is to capture Espurr -it is the first time that you will be able to catch him in a shiny version-, participate in the one-star raids and in the research tasks with a limited time. You can also find him in the weekly Research Breakthrough Encounters.
Additionally, as part of the event to commemorate the Chinese New Year, there will be various bonuses for players:
- More chances to get a lucky pokémon in trades.
- More chances to turn it into lucky friends.
- Double Stardust when opening gifts.
- One extra special trade per day.
Also, during the Chinese New Year event you will have more chances to find these Pokémon in the wild: Paras, Meowth, Growlith, Voltorb, Hisuian Voltorb, Magikarp, Torchic, Litleo, Electabuzz, Gyarados and Combusken.
The following Pokémon will appear in raids:
- From a star: Magikarp, Shinx, Darumaka, Litleo and Espurr.
- Three stars: Charizard, Flareon, Shuckle, Delcatty, Absol and Druddigon.
- Five Stars: Regirock with the Earthquake Charged Attack.
- Mega: Mega Houndoom.