The app The Californian company’s photography store, which recently lost the benefit of unlimited storage of high-quality photos and videos, is more than a repository of images. What do not you think? We present you the Google Photos editing features.
Yes, some of these are exclusive to Google One, the subscription that offers extra storage in Drive, Gmail and Google Photos itself.
You may also like:
There are several still image editing options offered by Google Photos, some of them highlighted (only for users who pay for Google One). To view them, from the app mobile, it is necessary to select a photo and click on Edit on the bottom toolbar. We describe them below.
To put it quickly, it’s the automatic adjustments that Google Photos offers. The following stand out for portraits:
- To get better. Automatically adjusts the brightness and contrast levels of the image.
- Dynamic (for Google One subscribers only). Brightens the portrait lighting evenly.
- Portrait (Google One subscribers). Blurs the background and brightens the face.
- B / W portrait. As the name implies, it makes it easy to put a black and white image.
- Color pop. The subject and some objects in the image remain in color, while the background, mainly, goes to black and white.
In addition to Enhance and Dynamic, the following options are displayed for non-portrait photos:
- Warm. Highlight warm colors in photography.
- Cold. Emphasizes cool tones in the image.
Once an automatic setting is selected, you can continue editing the image – portrait or other type of photo – with the other Google Photos tools, if you prefer.
In addition to modifying the orientation and being able to rotate the photo, this function allows you to choose between multiple image formats, such as square, 4: 3, 3: 2 and 16: 9. They also highlight the Auto buttons, which suggests an automatic crop, and Reset, which removes any modifications that have been made to the photo in Crop.
Brightness, contrast, HDR (Google One), bright areas, shadows, saturation, warmth, hue, remove noise and vignette are some of the possibilities of Adjust. In general and with a little patience, you can have a “balanced” image in terms of color.
In portraits, elements such as blur, depth, color focus and portrait light are added (Google One). The latter makes the subject’s face really stand out through lighting.
There are several filter options for photos, so the user can choose the one that best suits his image, according to the intention he wants for it.
Here it is not possible to control the intensity of each filter, it is already defined by default.
Let add a message to the image or highlight an element through three options.
- Ballpoint. Allows you to highlight or write something as if you had a pen or pencil. In addition to black, seven more colors are available.
- Highlighter pen. It does the bookmark function. That is, it puts a layer of color that does not completely cover the area of the image to be highlighted.
- Text. It offers a defined font to write any message on the photo. The text box can be moved, however its size cannot be changed.
It is the latest Google Photos editing tool, and what it does is that it combines other retouching applications: the screenshot editor and Snapseed, for the case of this test.
Snapseed is another app from Google that stands out for its multiple and complete editing tools, which is why it becomes essential for those who want to raise the quality of their photographs.
Google Photos also offers the option to edit videos, with tools that are somewhat more limited than those available for still images. Likewise, to view them, it is necessary to choose a clip and click on Edit.
The buttons that allow you to mute the clip’s audio, stabilize the image, and export a frame (extract a frame) are immediately highlighted. frame of the material).
Here we describe the other video editing options that Google Photos offers.
It allows you to change the orientation of the video, as well as choose different formats for it, such as free, 16: 9, 4: 3, 3: 2 and square. The reset button allows you to return to the original parameters of the clip.
To improve the quality of the image, from here it is possible to modify aspects such as brightness, contrast, bright areas, shadows, black point, saturation, warmth and tone.
You can use the different filters to give your videos a more artistic touch, such as Vivid, West, Palma, Metro, Eiffel, Blush and Modena.
For strokes and highlighting an element, you can use the pen (free stroke) and highlighter (marker function) buttons. What is written or highlighted appears in the total length of the video.