Amazon today announced the next generation of Fire HD 8, launching four new models: Fire HD 8, Fire HD 8 Plus, Fire HD 8 Kids Pro and Fire HD 8 Kids. With a 30% faster processor and all-day battery life, the new Fire HD 8 gives customers a first-class entertainment experience and the ability to do more at home or on the go.
Additionally, for the first time, customers can choose a Disney design package with Mickey Mouse or Disney Princess skins for the Fire HD 8 Kids. Pre-orders for the new Fire HD 8 tablets are available from today.
“Our best-selling tablet this year just got even better for customers. The new Fire HD 8 tablets are faster, lighter and have all-day battery life designed to bring great entertainment to everyone in the family,” said Kevin Keith, vice president of Amazon Devices. “For a complete kid-friendly experience, the new Fire HD 8 Kids and Fire HD 8 Kids Pro tablets include a virtual playground with thousands of ad-free games, videos, books, apps, and a more kid-friendly case, as well as a two-year worry-free guarantee and easy-to-use parental controls.”
- Improved performance– With a 30% faster hexa-core processor, customers can do more, from browsing the web to watching video, or both at the same time. Enjoy picture-in-picture content with apps like Prime Video and use the split-screen feature to send an email while joining a Zoom call, or find a recipe while watching your favorite show.
- Elegant and durable screen: With a brilliant 8-inch HD display made of reinforced aluminosilicate glass, Fire HD 8 is thinner, lighter and even stronger than before; it has passed twice as many drop tests as the iPad mini.
- Battery that lasts all day– Up to 13 hours of battery life for watching content, browsing the web, listening to music, and more. Fire HD 8 fully charges in 5 hours with the included USB-C cable and 5W power adapter.
- attractive entertainment: Movies, games, and content on the Web they look and sound amazing in high definition with Dolby Atmos. With the Screen Mirroring option, customers can mirror videos, browsers, apps, photos and more to larger screens that support Miracast technology, including Fire TV and select Samsung, Sony, LG and Phillips TVs.
- Better with Prime—Thousands of popular movies and TV shows with Prime Video, exclusive Amazon Originals, millions of songs and podcasts with Amazon Music, Fire HD 8 offers unlimited hours of entertainment for Prime members. And with Amazon Photos, Prime members get free, unlimited storage for high-resolution photos, plus 5GB for video.
- large storage– With 32GB and 64GB options, as well as support for up to 1TB of expandable storage via microSD, customers can download and enjoy a wide variety of books, videos and games.
- Extensive selection of content– Enjoy millions of movies, TV episodes, songs, books, graphic novels, apps and games. Stream or enjoy downloaded videos through your Prime Video, Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, or HBO Max subscriptions.
- hands-free alexa– Ask Alexa to make a video call to keep in touch with family and friends, play a song, start an Audible book, start a game, find your favorite movies, show your calendar, and more using only your voice.
- Climate Pledge Friendly– Designed with sustainability in mind, Fire HD 8 tablets are part of Amazon’s growing list of devices that reduce their carbon footprint year after year. The Fire HD 8 device packaging is 100% recyclable in the United States, and is also made from 99% wood-fiber-based materials from responsibly managed forests or recycled sources.
- Custom screen sizes: The new screen size feature allows you to enlarge all items for customers with limited vision, or reduce items in dimension for additional space to perform other activities on the screen.
- Accessibility– With features like VoiceView screen reader, screen magnifier, closed captioning, font size (letters), high contrast text, color inversion, color correction, and switching from stereo to mono audio. Fire HD 8 was created with accessibility in mind. For customers who want to interact with Alexa through touch, rather than voice, the Tap to Alexa feature is now available and is compatible with Switch Access remotes. Fire HD 8 also features Text to Speech, so customers can type phrases and Alexa speaks them out loud.
For just $20 more, the new Fire HD 8 Plus adds:
- Multi tasking: With 3GB of RAM in the Fire HD 8 Plus, you can seamlessly switch between apps, whether you’re checking your to-do list, reading a book, or watching your favorite show.
- Faster USB-C charging: Fire HD 8 Plus fully charges in approximately 3 hours with the included 9W power adapter.
- Hassle-free wireless chargingNote: Fire HD 8 Plus is also compatible with Qi-certified wireless chargers; And when paired with the wireless charging pad (sold separately), you can go from a portable tablet experience to a smart display with hands-free access to Alexa in Show mode.
- sharper images– With a 5 MP rear camera, customers can capture clear videos and images.
The new Fire HD 8 Kids and Fire Kids Pro: entertainment and education for children, Parental Controls
The new Fire HD 8 Kids are designed for children ages 3-7. Fire HD 8 Kids is the perfect companion for kids to enjoy at home and on the go, with a case designed for kids and a two-year warranty. And for the first time, customers can choose a Disney Design Bundle for $159.99, which includes Fire HD 8 Kids and either a Mickey Mouse or Disney Princess skin.
The new Fire HD 8 Kids Pro is designed for school-age kids, ages 6-12, and includes a kid-friendly case and a two-year warranty. Fire Kids Pro tablets have access to a digital store where kids can discover and ask their parents to buy eBooks and apps, or add games like Roblox and Minecraft.
Fire HD 8 Kids and Fire Kids Pro models come with access to award-winning parental controls that encourage learning before play, so parents can limit screen time, set educational goals and manage content. up to four child profiles. The Amazon Kids browser gives access to the web, in a filtered way, so that children can develop school projects and more; built-in controls are designed to help filter out inappropriate sites. Parents or guardians can manage the settings on the device or visit the Control Panel at parents.amazon.com to view daily activity reports, allow or block websites, and easily adjust your child’s settings from any web browser, whether on a mobile device or a computer.
The new Fire HD 8 is available for pre-order today, starting at $99.99 in Black, Denim and Pink colors. Fire HD 8 Plus comes in a perforated gray finish and is available starting at $119.99. Both tablets are available in 32GB or 64GB, and cases for the Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 8 Plus are available in Black, Denim, Gray and Pink for $29.99.
Fire HD 8 Kids is available for pre-order today starting at $149.99 in black and offers 32GB or 64GB storage options, with a blue or purple case designed for kids that includes an adjustable kickstand that doubles as handle. These models are also available in a Disney Design Pack that includes Mickey Mouse and Disney Princess skins for $159.99. Fire HD 8 Kids Pro comes with 32GB of storage for $149.99, with a Kids Case in Cyber Sky, Rainbow Universe, and Hello Teal.