The CEO of the tech mogul Apple, Tim Cook, revealed that he is personally invested in Bitcoin or Ethereum.
- With a current market cap of around $2.476 trillion, Apple is ranked the second-largest company in the world.
- Its CEO, Tim Cook, speaking at the DealBook conference Tuesday, revealed that he is personally invested in Bitcoin or Ethereum.
- When asked if he owns one of both, he reportedly said:
I do. I think it’s reasonable to own it as part of a diversified portfolio. […] I’m ot giving anyone investment advice, by the way.
- The top-level executive said that he’s been interested in crypto for some time and that he’s also been doing research on the topic.
- There’s been plenty of speculation on whether or not Apple will get involved in the industry in one way or another.
- Cook cast all this aside, though, rejecting the possibility of Apple buying it with corporate funds as an investment. He also dismissed suggestions that the company might accept crypto as a tender.
I wouldn’t go invest in crypto, not because I wouldn’t invest my own money, but because I don’t think people buy Apple stock to get exposure to crypto.
Featured image courtesy of AppleInsider
Binance Futures 50 USDT FREE Voucher: Use this link to register & get 10% off fees and 50 USDT when trading 500 USDT (limited offer).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 50% free bonus on any deposit up to 1 BTC.