If you believed that all the accumulated experience in a pandemic with lyp sinc (voice-overs) or TikTok challenges wouldn’t do you any good, you were wrong: you could get your next job through this social network. So next time they scold you for making videos at home, better teach them how to apply for a job using TikTok.
You will be interested in:
The platform premiered TikTok Resumes, a pilot program to apply for jobs. It is an initiative promoted in conjunction with 36 companies, which in this phase will only be available for jobs in the United States.
But since TikTok is usually one step ahead of the rest, it would not be strange that in the future this function is also imitated by some of its most bitter rivals (Yes, Instagram: we mean you).
What is TikTok Resumes
TikTok Resumes is a video resume program designed to help users find job opportunities. “We encourage our users to convert their traditional paper resume into a digital video resume,” explains the company.
The initiative has the participation of brands from different areas, such as fashion and beauty firms Abercrombie & Fitch and elf Beauty; the Bold.org student scholarship platform; the marketing agency Hearts & Science; the Detroit Pistons basketball team; the NASCAR racing company; the app Shopify shopping; the Target retail chain; luxury watchmaker Zenith; and the WWE.
As this is a pilot program, it will only be available until July 31, 2021. However, the company has not ruled out the possibility of extending or repeating it if the results are positive.
If you are interested in looking for a new job through TikTok, the first thing is that you need to have the application installed on your phone and have an active account. If, as we assume, you already meet both requirements, you just need to follow the following steps:
- Record a presentation speech or video that reflects your work experience.
- When you’re done, post it using the hashtag #TikTokResumes. It is important that you make sure that your account and the video are public. You can check here how to configure them.
- Copy the video link. On the right side of the post, press the arrow and select copy link.
- Login to tiktokresumes.com and look for some of the available offers that suit your profile.
- Press the button Send resume of TikTok and complete the requested information.
- Confirm by pressing the button Send.
Tips for a successful application
Although in the end everything will depend on your creativity and your experience, it is always good to take into account some tips so that your application is successful.
- Remember that you are on TikTok, so the main thing is to be natural and original.
- You do not need to give your last name, as this information will be added at the time of submitting the application.
- Remember to keep your account and video available to everyone for a month, as that will give recruiters access.
- If you are going to use background music, adjust the volume so that it allows you to hear what you will speak.
- Record the video in portrait format, as it is the most recommended orientation for TikTok posts.
- Use the hashtag #tiktokresumes and, although it is not necessary, you can tag the company you want to apply for.
- Use creative effects, such as the green background of TikTok, which will allow you to be speaking in the first person while behind you show how you carry out your tasks.
- Look for inspiration in most creative TikTok accounts.
- If you have a LinkedIn profile, it may be a good time to update it.