Netflix is releasing a synopsis of the five chapters that the Black Mirror season sixand which has been described as “the most unpredictable, unclassifiable and unexpected so far”.
This season’s cast is made up of a cast of well-known actors both in film and on television, including Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad), Salma Hayek (Frida), Kate Mara (House of Cards), Zazie Beetz ( Deadpool 2), Josh Hartnett (Pearl Harbor) and Michael Cera (Superbad). Other performers also participate such as Paapa Essiedu (I May Destroy You), Himesh Patel (Yesterday), Annie Murphy (Schitt’s Creek), Rory Culkin (Scream 4), Clara Rugaard (I Am Mother), Danny Ramirez (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Auden Thornton (This Is Us) and Anjana Vasan (Black Earth Rising).
Each episode of season six will be approximately one hour long and will feature a different plot and setting, movie-style. Some of the titles that have been revealed are “The Final Cut,” “The Simulation,” “The Hive,” and “The Switch.” Although the official trailers have not been released yet, Netflix is expected to release them in the coming weeks to increase the anticipation of Black Mirror fans.
Detail of the five episodes
- “Joan Is Awful” is directed by Ally Pankiw (feel good) from a script written by series creator Charlie Brooker. The cast of actors includes Annie Murphy, Salma Hayek Pinault, Michael Cera, Himesh Patel, Rob Delaney and Ben Barnes. According to her story, “an average woman is shocked to discover that a global streaming platform has released a prestigious television drama adaptation of her life, in which she is played by Hollywood star Salma Hayek.”
- “lake henry” is directed by Sam Miller (Luther) from a script written by Brooker. The episode features Samuel Blenkin, Myha’la Herrold, Daniel Portman, John Hannah, and Monica Dolan. “A young couple travel to a sleepy Scottish town to begin work on a nature documentary, but find themselves drawn into a juicy local story involving shocking events from the past.”, anticipates its synopsis.
- “beyond the sea” is directed by John Crowley (Brooklyn) and written by Brooker. It stars Aaron Paul, Josh Hartnett, Kate Mara, Auden Thornton, and Rory Culkin. The story will be set in an alternate 1969, where “Two men on a dangerous high-tech mission grapple with the consequences of an unimaginable tragedy.”.
- “Mazey Day” It is directed by Uta Briesewitz (Stranger ThingsJessica Jones) and written by Brooker. The cast will include Zazie Beetz, Clara Rugaard and Danny Ramirez. “A troubled star is hounded by invasive paparazzi as she deals with the aftermath of a hit-and-run incident.”.
- “Demon 79″ is directed by Toby Hayne (From the episode USS Callister) from a screenplay co-written by Brooker and Bisha K. Ali. The episode stars Anjana Vasan, Paapa Essiedu, Katherine Rose Morley, and David Shields. His story will unfold in the “Northern England, 1979. A calm sales assistant is told she must commit terrible acts to prevent disaster.”.