El Salvador continues to accumulate BTC, and the country’s president is using different occasions as an excuse to do so, including to celebrate December 21st, 2021.
- The president of El Salvador, Nayib Bukele – a well-known Bitcoin bull who was the leading figure in turning the cryptocurrency into a government-regulated and recognized legal tender in the country – announced that they’d bought another 21 BTC.
- The purchase is worth a little bit more than $1 million.
- President Bukele said that he would hold the purchase until 21:21:21.
I’m holding the purchase till 21:21:21. https://t.co/uhjwowv5cu
– Nayib Bukele 🇸🇻 (@nayibbukele) December 22, 2021
- Apparently, the Bitcoin buy was in celebration of “the last 21st day of the year 21 of the 21st century.”
- This particular purchase comes 16 days after the last one, which took place on December 4th. Back then, President Bukele revealed that the country had added 150 BTC to its position.
- The move comes as Bitcoin’s price is trading around $49,200, up 1.8% in the past seven days and eyeing the important psychological and technical resistance at $50,000.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 50% free bonus on any deposit up to $1750.