We were warned: like every summer, the heat wave of rigor comes to us, and many of us have been caught with compounds and without air conditioning, or with it damaged. What to do in the month when installers have more work, abuse our weakness more and do not give time for repairs until September at the earliest?
How to save gas with the car air conditioner on
For now, little more than getting a fan, since the installation of a heat pump will be very expensive and will entail some works, depending on the disposition of a place in our house or building to place the compressor. But we must think, before letting go of the wallet, that not all fans are suitable for all spaces.
For good advice we have gone to the appliance store Milar Rubio from Sitges, where we have been given a series of guidelines to choose the best fan for our situation. To make it clearer, we proceed to expose the advantages and disadvantages of each model according to Milar Rubio and according to the needs of each buyer.
- Advantage: they are suitable for large rooms, due to blade size, power and because they allow height adjustment. The grid is easy to wash and oscillating, allowing it to cover a wide area. In addition, the most modern ones can be regulated with a remote control that has a timer, so that the engine turns off by itself. Its price ranges between 50 and 100 euros, more in the high range.
- Disadvantages: they are very noisy and can be annoying in small rooms due to their size. Aesthetically they are not pretty. They are not ideal for rooming and are heavy.
- Advantage: they are perfect for small spaces, bedside tables, etc. They are less noisy than standing ones and fit in small rooms. Its price ranges from approximately 30 euros for the simplest models to 70 euros for a high-mid-range model.
- Disadvantages: they have less power, they do not usually incorporate remote controls or timers -the top of the range do- and they always require a table or a handle to be able to position themselves. They are not suitable for living rooms or large rooms.
- Advantage: it is a type of high-power fan, ideal for gardens and terraces, as well as large rooms. In addition, due to its metallic skeleton, it is very resistant. Its price is less than 100 euros, depending on the size up to 30 euros.
- Disadvantages: They make so much noise that it seems that we are inside a propeller plane. Aesthetically they are not pretty and do not incorporate a remote control or timer. They seem uncomfortable for small rooms.
- Advantage: they are silent and do not take up much space. They allow oscillation and incorporate the most modern control and timer. Aesthetically they are more discreet and also include a filter that allows them to remove particles from the air, especially dust and pollen. A HEPA filter can be fitted on some models. Its price does not usually exceed 100 euros in the highest-end models.
- Disadvantages: the power-to-price ratio is not very good, since the filter prevents them from giving a great boost to the air, at least like blade fans. In large rooms they fall short. Ideal, yes, for rooms.
- Advantage: they are fans without blades that blow air through the center of an orifice. They are very quiet and aesthetically beautiful. They have good power and a constant air jet. Ideal for all types of rooms.
- Disadvantages: they are disproportionately expensive – from 200 to 500 euros – and have a high consumption.
- Advantage: due to their location, they fit in all types of rooms. Their greatest advantage is that they create a draft, but not direct, on people, thus avoiding muscle exhaustion due to contraction when the air blows. Ideal for bedrooms.
- Disadvantages: they require a certain work to place them well and they cannot always go with false ceilings. As it is a fixed installation, they must be sized well with respect to the surface to be ventilated. With work included, they are quite expensive, between 300 and 500 euros depending on the work and size.
If you don’t want to miss any of our items, subscribe to our newsletters