Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., an award-winning developer and publisher of tabletop and digital games, reports that seven new products from Dungeons and Dragons (D&D), the best role-playing game in the world, will be fully translated into Spanish.
During the second half of 2022 the materials that will be available are:
- Tasha’s Cauldron for Everything – Release: July 19. A magical mix of optional rules for the game. The mage Tasha, whose great works include the famed spell “Tasha’s Horrible Laughter,” has gathered valuable tidbits of knowledge during her distinguished career as an adventurer.
- The Van Richten Guide to Ravenloft – Released: July 19. Terror lurks in the nightmarish realms of Ravenloft, and no one understands it better than monster scholar Rudolph van Richten. To arm a new generation against the creatures of the night, Van Richten compiled his correspondence and his case files into this book of haunting stories and chilling truths.
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything – Launch: August 16. Xanathar, Waterdeep’s most infamous crime lord, is known for hoarding information from friend and foe alike. This beholder collects data on adventurers looking for ways to thwart their plans. His twisted mind believes that he can record everything!
- Dungeon Master Reincarnated Screen – Released: August 19. The rules embedded within this new screen have been revised and updated based on feedback from D&D fans around the world.
- Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse – Launch to be confirmed. It is a book filled with the musings of the wizard Mordenkainen and includes a wide variety of creatures to use in D&D. Hailing from all corners of the multiverse, these creatures are some of the most benign and malevolent forces the heroes of D&D can face.
- Curse of Strahd – Launch to be confirmed. A fantasy horror adventure for characters from levels 1 to 10. It gives a Dungeon Master everything he needs to create an exciting and memorable gaming experience.
- Starter Box: Dragons of Shipwreck Island – Launch to be confirmed. Open the doors to fast-paced D&D adventures where heroes battle monsters, search for treasure, and embark on epic quests. The box contains the essential rules of the game and everything you need to play heroic characters who find themselves drawn into an ancient war between dragons as they try to uncover the secrets of the Island of Shipwrecks.
Since last year, Wizards of the Coast fulfilled the dream of Spanish-speaking D&D players to be able to enjoy manuals, guides and narrative of the game in their own language. Localization efforts in marketing and distribution began in November 2021, but this is the first time that the Hasbro subsidiary has translated its articles internally.
In 2021 they launched the Player’s Handbookthe Dungeon Master’s Guide and the Monster Manualjust like him Essential Kit in Spanish.