Thursday, September 16

Education and communities trust the success of vaccination and the course will start with more flexible measures

Flexibility of the safety distance, presence at all stages, confidence in the good progress of the vaccination and, everything points, fewer teachers than last year and therefore higher ratios. Government and autonomous communities have finished outlining this Wednesday what the start of the course will be like in two weeks, and they have done so without great news regarding the measures agreed in the document agreed last May: each community has limited itself to exposing your plans for the start of the course.

The Minister of Education, Pilar Alegría, explained after the Sectorial Conference that the commitment for this course is for “maximum attendance at all stages”, for which it has “the most effective tool, which is the vaccination strategy” . In this regard, the minister explained that practically 100% of the teaching staff are vaccinated and that at least 61% of the students aged 12 to 17 have already received the first dose and 16% the complete regimen.

Both Education and the communities trust that the situation will improve by the time the course starts in two weeks, which will make the safety distance more flexible, lowering it from one and a half meters from last year to 1.2 meters this year. In a domino effect, if this reduction of space is applied – not all communities are going to do it, some like Castilla y León have already agreed that the course will be like the past – more students will fit in each class and therefore they will fewer teachers are missing. The low ratios of last year, so well received by teachers and which have become their main claim, will go down in history.

Asked about this question, the minister has eluded an answer, but recalled that the ministry already transferred 2,000 million euros to the autonomous communities last year and that from September another 13,500 million will arrive (70% that month, the remaining 30% in November), of which it has been requested that “Education be prioritized”, without major commitments.

Alegría has also avoided answering if the ministry is considering making some kind of list with the teachers or students who are not vaccinated. Ministry sources have clarified later that this decision corresponds to the Ministry of Health, the same response that has been offered regarding the use of masks in the patios (indoors it will continue to be mandatory).

At the meeting, Madrid and Galicia have proposed that when establishing the protocols the accumulated incidence data or hospital admissions should not be considered so much (now they are the indicators that mark the scenario in which each community is and which protocol will have to be implemented for the back to school) and the level of vaccination is also taken into account.

“We sincerely believe that these traffic lights are totally out of date and do not contemplate the effect of vaccination. From the community of Madrid we are going to see what is said today, but we are going to include the concept of vaccination within those scenarios,” said the Madrid councilor, Enrique Ossorio, before the meeting, reports Efe. Education has responded, again, that this decision corresponds to Health.



www.eldiario.es

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *