The NGX closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 49 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,444.20 points, to reflect a growth of 0.49% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 7.88%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N111.61 billion.
At the close of market today, Tuesday 16th November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.67 trillion from N22.56 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as CUTIX led 18 gainers, and 18 Losers topped by TOTAL at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 3,173.48 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- CUTIX up +8.33% to close at N3.26
- CORNERST up +7.69% to close at N0.56
- CHIPLC up +6.90% to close at N0.62
- ROYALEX up +6.00% to close at N0.53
- REGALINS up +5.26% to close at N0.40
NGX ASI Top losers
- TOTAL down –9.97%to close at N216.80
- MBENEFIT down –6.90% to close at N0.27
- LINKASS down – 5.36% to close at N0.53
- CHAMS down –4.35% to close at N0.22
- MANSARD down –4.35% toTraded close at N2.20
NGX ASI Top by Volume
- FBNH – 223,584,099 units
- STERLING – 32,480,228 units
- TRANSCORP – 24,666,656 units
- GTCO – 20,841,624 units
- JAIZBANK – 15,925,442 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- NESTLE – N5,643,197,137.20
- FBNH – N2,757,789,661.65
- AIRTELAFRI – N833,920,402.10
- NB – N658,458,217.90
- GTCO – N564,222,397.50
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential closing flat as 18 gainers equal 18 losers