The Nigerian Exchange market closed on a positive note on Friday, November 5, 2021, amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 17 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 42,014.50 points, to reflect a growth of 0.17% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 4.33%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N36.88 billion.
At the close of the market on Friday, 5th November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N21.93 trillion from N21.89 trillion the previous trading day. The market breadth closed positive as WEMA led 25 gainers, and 13 Losers topped by UNILEVER at the end of Friday’s trading session. The stock market has advanced 1,743.78 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- WEMA +10.00% to close at N0.88
- CHIPLC up +9.26% to close at N0.59
- ROYALEX up +8.33% to close at N0.52
- MBENEFIT up +8.00% to close at N0.27
- JAPAUL up +7.89% to close at N0.41
NGX ASI top losers
- UNILEVER down –6.32%to close at N13.35
- UNIVINSURE down –4.55% to close at N0.21
- NGXGROUP down – 4.31% to close at N17.75
- NPFMCRFBNK down –3.59% to close at N1.88
- LINKASS down –3.51% to close at N0.55
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- STERLING – 83,563,416 units
- FBNH – 52,603,800 units
- ACCESS – 21,517,488 units
- TRANSCORP – 15,631,012 units
- STANBIC – 13,612,063 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- FBNH – N575,472,908.50
- STANBIC – N530,863,811.20
- GTCO – N221,228,808.10
- ACCESS – N203,484,210.35
- STERLING – N125,510,508.31
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 25 gainers surpassed 13 losers.