FBNH today recorded a decline in share price taking the tier-1 bank’s price to N12.00, slightly dropping by 0.83%. However, the bank traded highest in value of N955 million. The bank’s market value today depreciated by N3.59 billion at the end of the trading session.
The NGX closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 22 basis point.
The NGX ASI closed at 42,270.23 points, to reflect a decline of 0.22% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 4.97%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N45.47 billion.
At the close of market today, Thursday 16th December 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.06 trillion from N22.10 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as ROYALEX led 15 gainers, and 20 losers topped by LIVESTOCK at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 1,999.51 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- ROYALEX up +5.00% to close at N0.63
- CHAMS up +4.76% to close at N0.22
- NGXGROUP up +3.92% to close at N18.55
- ETI up +3.26% to close at N9.50
- TRANSCORP up +3.16% to close at N0.98
NGX ASI Top losers
- LIVESTOCK down –10.00%to close at N1.80
- UPDC down –8.33% to close at N1.10
- CAP down – 5.70% to close at N18.20
- SOVRENINS down – 4.17% to close at N0.23
- CUTIX down –4.00% to close at N2.40
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FBNH – 79,139,733 units
- ACCESS – 33,257,401 units
- ETI – 23,180,290 units
- UBA – 12,954,524 units
- ZENITHBANK – 9,622,353 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- FBNH – N955,871,465.55
- MTNN – N611,991,542.20
- ACCESS – N299,453,987.05
- DANGCEM – N272,506,050.00
- ZENITHBANK – N238,420,618.20
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 15 gainers were surpassed by 20 losers.