It is that the intention is to give predictability also taking into account the inflationary impact, precisely the source clarifies that, “The official criterion for next year is that any rate increase is below inflation.” It should be remembered that the 2022 budget foresees an annual inflation of 33%.
It is no coincidence that the scheme of rate increases is known at times, that the president himself Alberto Fernandez, commented that “there are pitfalls in negotiating with the IMF ”. It should be remembered that next Wednesday the Minister of Economy, Martín Guzmán He will explain to the governors the status of negotiations for a new program with the multilateral organization.
In any case, the segmentation will imply that some users do not receive any more subsidies and therefore have to pay 100% of the fee to which will be added the 20% increase. As an example, in the CABA will pay full rate those who live in properties where the square meter exceeds US $ 3,700 and in the province closed neighborhoods, financial activity and gambling will no longer receive assistance.
To get an idea of the increase, a department that today pays $ 500 for electricity in a high-income neighborhood would go to $ 2,500 per month, according to projections managed by distributors. Both the rate increase and the segmentation plan are the fundamental pieces of the new rate scheme.
Clarify that today 60% of the rate in the AMBA is subsidized and that the plan, in a first stage, will only affect 10% of the users of the CABA and the 24 municipalities that surround it.
The segmentation plan will take into account the value of the land, the property, among other parameters, but “the AFIP database could not be accessed ”, clarifies the source. That is to say, it will not cross the economic X-ray that Afip possesses of the citizens. An important point highlighted by the authorities that there will be an appeal instance. In other words, the user will be able to demonstrate the impossibility of paying a full rate.
Such is the case of people who rent, precisely the energy distributors launched a campaign some time ago to register property owners.
The segmentation plan was a joint work of the ENRE and CONICET but the implementation of the recommendations is subject to the consideration of the Ministry of Economy and the Secretary of Energy. In this regard, they rescue that “both departments work in total harmony, the differences were forgotten “, clarifies the source.
It refers to the episode when Guzmán asked him to resign from the position of Undersecretary of Energy, Federico Basualdo that he did not abide by.
The importance of the plan is given in that it will allow to determine who is in conditions to receive a subsidy. This will result in a user being eligible for a 5% or 20% subsidy depending on your personal situation. It is estimated that the segmentation plan will be announced prior to the rate increase.
In the case of the commercial and industrial sectors, commercial and industrial will also receive increases, but the situation of SMEs will be considered.
Here are the main definitions of the tariff issue:
- The rate increase will be announced by the National Government between January and February and will apply to the entire country and for the entire year.
- It would be between 17 and 20% as a ceiling.
- In the case of electricity distribution, this recomposition is the basis for AMBA homes, while the increase in gas will be nationwide.
- This year the increase was 9% for electricity and 6% for gas.
- In the first weeks of 2022, tariff segmentation would be launched, reaching 500,000 users.
- The segmentation program will advance over the universe of users who are in a position to face full payment for energy, removing the subsidy that currently exists.
- In the segmentation, the parameter of the valuations of the houses in which the services are provided will be used.
- The electricity service regulator (ENRE) will define “geographic areas” in which it will gradually remove subsidies.
- In the City those who live in properties where the square meter exceeds US $ 3,700 will pay full rates and in the province closed neighborhoods, financial activity and gambling will no longer receive assistance.
- An apartment that today pays $ 500 for electricity in a high-income neighborhood would go to $ 2,500 per month, according to projections managed by distributors.