Cooking good rice is not as easy as it seems, but it is not an impossible mission either. A different and original rice, of course, because we don’t want your guests to get tired of always having the same recipe on their plates when you invite them to lunch or dinner. So that this does not happen, we offer you four rice recipeseach with an identity -and alternative ingredients-.
For this, we have achieved exclusively the recipes of some Spanish restaurants where rice is its star dish.
“Best paella in the world”, by Vicente Rioja, from the Hotel Restaurante Rioja
- For one hour, temper a 3.5 kg free-range chicken and a rabbit.
- Sprinkle a little salt on the paella so that the oil does not jump out. Lightly cover it with extra virgin olive oil.
- When hot, add the chicken to seal and then the rabbit. Sauté until golden brown.
- When they have a good color, throw the bassinet, green and flat Valencian bean, with cut ends, frayed and quantity to taste. then throw garrofo(Valencian legume similar to the broad bean).
- Mix and add paprika (not smoked) and, quickly, the tomato.
- Caramelize the meats.
- Throw three parts of water for one of rice, (later it will be reduced to 2×1)
- Add saffron, 100 g of senia or albufera type rice per person, the hearts of some artichokes depending on the person and cook everything for 10 minutes at maximum heat.
- Continue four minutes on medium heat, three on minimum heat, two more minutes for the charred and 30 more seconds at maximum heat if you want even more charred.
- Remove from heat and let breathe, uncovered, for seven minutes to allow flavors to meld.
Creamy rice from the Balausta restaurant in Malaga for four people
- For the Iberian pork jowl: Clean 200 g of Iberian pork jowl well and coat with a mix of smoked and sweet paprika.
- Cover with salt for an hour and a half.
- Pass it through water, dry and pack with a piece of star anise, a sprig of tarragon, extra virgin olive oil and chicken broth.
- Vacuum cook for 12 hours at 85º or 18 hours at 80º.
- For the Iberian pork castanetsfirst clean the 50 g piece of that web that covers it.
- Then pack it with garlic, bay leaf, extra virgin olive oil and chicken broth.
- Cook for 12 hours at 62º or confit them in oil with garlic and bay leaf.
- for the broth, cook the following ingredients for two hours: roast pork ribs and a combination of onions, carrots, leeks, garlic, tomato, white wine and brandy. Also incorporate the roasted ribs and ham bones with bay leaves, peppers, thyme, tarragon, cumin and sweet paprika.
- for the ricemark 300 g of bomba rice with a base of 100 g of onion, two cloves of garlic, 50 g of fennel, 100 g of leek and 200 g of Iberian pork jowl trimmings: all a little charred.
- Char well and add 0.65 l of grilled rib broth and finish grilling for 18 minutes.
- When the rice is ready, toast the jowls and castanets well and add them.
Steak rice with its fat and piquillo peppers from Fandango Formentera
- For the piquillo peppersopen and drain.
- Spread the peppers on the oven trays with 50 g of olive oil on top.
- Bake at 180ºC for 15 minutes, after this time, turn and bake another 15 minutes.
- For the saucebrown 100 g of peeled garlic and 300 g of chopped white onion in 50 ml of olive oil.
- Add 150 g of ripe natural tomato and add about five g of salt.
- Add 250 g of crushed tomato and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add a sprig of rosemary, a bay leaf and a sprig of thyme and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Pack and store.
- For the meat broth, toast in the oven 100 g of knee bones, 300 g of chicken carcasses and 300 g of veal shank cut into pieces. Everything at 200ºC for 15 minutes, stirring.
- Remove excess fat.
- In a frying pan, toast well on both sides 150 g of onion.
- Put the following chopped vegetables in a pot: 100 g of carrot, 100 g of leek and a head of garlic cut in half.
- Sauté the vegetables and add the meat.
- Add three liters of water and, when it boils, cook for three hours.
- Strain and reserve.
- for the ricein a 55 cm diameter paella pan, heat 50 g of olive oil and 25 g of cow fat ointment.
- Mark the piquillo peppers on both sides and remove.
- Add 50 g of sofrito and fry everything together.
- Add 1,600 g of meat broth, bring to a boil.
- Add 400 g of dynamite rice and cook for 18 minutes. Flavor with a sprig of rosemary and, halfway through cooking, add 0.5 g of saffron.
- On the other hand, roast a kilo of beef steak matured on the grill.
- Cut the ribeye and place it on top of the paella in the center.
- Finish with a few flakes of salt and the peppers.
Rice with lobster Cadaqués for two people
- Cut, salt and pepper a lobster and then flambé in a saucepan. Reserve out of the pot.
- Throughout the entire process, adjust the salt, pepper and saffron according to taste.
- Prepare about 90 g of Cadaqués-style sofrito: a sofrito worked with green and red pepper and with tomato, onion and garlic. Cook over low heat for several hours.
- Prepare or buy 15 g of production picada: a traditional Catalan picada with ñora, nuts and parsley.
- Prepare or buy 1.3 liters of rock stock broth, made with different types of rock fish.
- Put 90 g of sofrito, a large spoonful of ñora pasta and 180 g of pearly rice, that is, covered with a film of oil. Work it right.
- Add the hot rock stock and let it boil for eight or nine minutes.
- Then add the lobster to release its juices.
- Two minutes before taking out the rice, add 15 g of chopped production to give the rice homogeneity.
If you don’t want to miss any of our articles, subscribe to our newsletters