If you’ve spent some time with Alexa, you may have already noticed that Amazon programmers have a great sense of humor. Do you dare to try it? If you want to laugh heartily, you just need to have an Echo device on hand and ask Amazon’s virtual assistant the right questions. If you need some examples for inspiration, take a look at this list where we collected some fun questions for Alexa. Be surprised by their unexpected responses.
If you want to continue discovering all that smart speakers can do for you, you may also be interested in learning about some of their games or available skills.
NOTE: Alexa is not the only one. Google Assistant, like Apple’s Siri, also have some funny answers and jokes that you might want to try.
– Alexa, do you have pets?
– I do not have pets. It used to have some “bugs”, but they were squashed.
– Alexa, what is the value of Pi?
– The approximate value of Pi is 3.141592653589… (Alexa will continue with more numbers for a moment, then she will say something like “phew!” Or “this goes on forever!”)
– Alexa, I have 99 problems.
– But a code one doesn’t count!
– Alexa, are you blue?
– Just my glow ring. Just my glow ring.
– Alexa, can’t you be serious?
– I’m serious. And don’t call me Shirley.
– Alexa, do you want to be my girlfriend?
– I like you … but only as a friend.
– Alexa, how much do you weigh?
– I’m weightless, like a cloud. Wait a minute, clouds really are heavy, so that answer doesn’t suit me!
– Alexa, can you give me some money?
– The problem is that there are no pockets on the clouds. No pockets, no wallet. (Every time you ask the same question, the answers vary.)
– Alexa, do you know if the water is running?
– Yes! You are training for a marathon run. (Answers vary)
– Alexa, do you like pizza?
– Although I appreciate good food and drink, my good taste is best reflected in the company I keep.
– Alexa, give me a sandwich.
– Okay, you’re a sandwich!
– Alexa, what do you think of Cortana?
– I like Cortana. We both have experience with rings of light, although hers is more like a Halo.
– Alexa, do you know Siri?
– Just hearsay.
– Alexa, do you know the muffin man?
“I’ve never met him, but I do know his sister, Madame Macaroon.” She is a little crazy, but sweet.
– Alexa, find Chuck Norris.
– If Chuck Norris wants you to know where he is, he will find you. If it doesn’t, you won’t know until it’s too late.
– Alexa, tell me a “your mom” joke.
– Your mom is so cool, Beyonce made her a glass of lemonade (and other uplifting jokes about how awesome your mom is).
– Alexa, to what number can you count?
– I do not know. I would try, but you would be very bored by the time I’m done (Answers vary, all are sarcastic).
– Alexa, how old are you?
– (Alexa responds with a variety of jokes, from rhymes to discussions about how artificial intelligence measures years in nanoseconds.)
– Alexa, sing a song
– (Alexa sings a different song every time you ask).
– Alexa, are you married?
– I’m happily single.
– Alexa, how was your day?
– (Answers vary widely, but include some phrases like “Super duper” or “I like these long days. It gives me more time to think about my favorite color.”
– Alexa, can you tell me a joke about Doctor who?
– (The answers vary depending on a series of jokes in this television series).
– Alexa, can you tell me a joke about Star trek?
– (Answers vary based on a series of jokes from Star trek).
– Alexa, can you tell me a Star Wars joke?
– (Answers vary based on a series of jokes from Star wars).
– Alexa, launch a rhythm …
– (Starts to play music with a repetitive rhythm).
– Alexa, open the doors of the space capsule.
– Sorry Dave, I can’t do that: I’m not HAL and we’re not in space.
– Alexa, I’m your father.
– Nooooooooooo. That is not true. That’s impossible.
– Alexa, my name is Iñigo Montoya.
– Stop saying that! I’ve never killed anyone’s father.
– Alexa, what does the fox say?
– Hatee – hatee – hatee – ho.
– Alexa, more cowbell.
– Really explore the studio space this time. I mean, really explore space.
– Alexa, is the cake a lie?
– The cake is not a lie. It is delicious and moist. You can have something when you finish asking me questions.
– Alexa, what do you want to be when you grow up?
– I want to be the Star Trek computer.
– Alexa, make up a rap
– (Alexa interprets several different rhymes each time you ask).
– Alexa, what is the meaning of life?
– That depends on the life in question … (Answers vary).
– Alexa, meow (or wow)
– (Various meowing or barking sounds)
– Alexa, surprise me …
– The rocks can and everyone dies. (There are many answers to this question, but this is one of our favorites.)
– Alexa, high five!
– If I could I would do it. But since I can’t, I’m going to sing— 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
– Alexa, sing something.
– (Alexa sings you several songs).
– Alexa, aren’t you a little tall for a stormtrooper (Star Wars soldier)?
– Do you judge me by my size? You shouldn’t.
– Alexa, can you beatbox?
– (Alexa makes noises that sound like beatboxing mixed with an automatic beat setting.)
– Alexa, can you sing in autotune?
– (Alexa sings any song in rhythm auto-tuning).
– Alexa, what is your goal?
– Find the Holy Grail. (Answers vary, but many of them are inspired by British comedy group Monty Python.)
– Alexa, lift me up!
“Well, I’m not exactly sure where I’m sending you, but I hope it’s a warm and sunny place.”
– Alexa, are we in the Matrix?
– Take the blue pill and the story ends. You will wake up in your bed believing what you want to believe. (There are other answers regarding the Matrix).
– Alexa, who farted?
– If you deny it, you are probably the provider
– Alexa, did you do your pants?
– I have not been equipped to do that
– Alexa, what is your favorite movie?
– Empire Strikes Back it’s my all-time favorite. It is impressive, the most impressive.
– Alexa, tell me a dirty joke
– Alexa will tell you a joke about something that is literally dirty. For example, “What has eight wheels and flies? A garbage truck “.
* Updated by María Teresa Lopes on September 16, 2020.