The SUVs best-seller of the last quarter century in the United States has just upped the ante, as the new Honda CR-V 2023 It debuts with a robust and sophisticated design, along with a new and more advanced fourth-generation hybrid electric system to deliver a sportier, more capable and more fuel-efficient driving experience.
Hybrid CR-V models are positioned at the top of the CR-V lineup and will account for about 50% of CR-V sales.a to generation, which is a key step in Honda’s electrification strategy. The 2023 CR-V will launch this summer, with the hybrid model launching at the end of the year.
Perfect for daily or weekend getaways, the new CR-V is longer and wider, with premium proportions and a significantly wider stance, further driving Honda’s design direction with a low horizontal beltline and a long and powerful frontal zone. Honda’s most popular SUV backs up its strong new look with a more fun-to-drive personality, safer and more refined dynamics, plus increased torque and capability.
The CR-V is available in four trims, including new hybrid-powered CR-V Sport and Sport Touring and bolder styling as the new top-of-the-line CR-V models. With a next-generation two-motor hybrid system that generates 247 lb-ft of torque, they are the most powerful CR-Vs ever.
Inside, the new sporty and modern space boasts excellent craftsmanship, high-quality materials and essential technological features. It’s also quieter and more comfortable, with new body-stabilizing front seats that reduce fatigue and improve posture, and the most cabin and cargo space in CR-V history. Standard built-in class-leading safety features include new Honda Sensing technology® safety and driver assistance with a new wide-angle camera and radar, next-generation front airbags, as well as new knee and rear side-impact airbags.
“As America’s best-selling SUV for the past 25 years, the Honda CR-V has played a critical role in our past, but what’s important about the new CR-V is the key role it will play in our future, given the representing about 50% of sales for the hybrid CR-V,” said Mike Kistemaker, assistant vice president of Honda sales at American Honda. “Sleeker, stronger, more technological and more fun to drive, this sixth-generation CR-V will be the best in its class in a broad segment where that really matters.”
- Robust and sophisticated exterior design
- New hybrid system of two 4 motors.a more powerful generation (Sport and Sport Touring) that makes the CR-V more fun to drive and adds towing capacity
- Distinctive, bolder styling for Sport and Sport Touring Hybrid trims
- Sporty, modern, more spacious and comfortable interior
- Standard built-in digital instrument panel
- 9-inch HD touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay compatibility® and Android Auto™ (EX-L and Sport Touring)
- Standard 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay compatibility® and Android Auto™ (EX and Sport)
- Honda Enhanced Global Architecture
- Updated 1.5-liter turbo engine (EX, EX-L)
- Real-time all-wheel drive retuned with Intelligent Control™
- New hill descent control
- New snow driving mode
- Honda Sensing System® standard with new wide-angle camera and radar, plus new Traffic Jam Assist (TJA), Low Speed Brake Control and Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) system
- State-of-the-art front air bags
- New standard airbags for the knees and for the rear passengers in the event of a side impact