- You can change your birthday on Facebook using the website or mobile app.
- When you change your Facebook birthday, you can edit the exact date, or just change who can see your birthday.
- Your Facebook birthday can only be changed once every two weeks, and only three times in total.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Facebook has a lot of features, but one of its most basic is the “About” page. Every Facebook user has an About page where you can find all sorts of information about them, whether that be their relationship status, hometown, or — of course — their birthday.
Every bit of information on this page is editable, including that birthday date. However, changing your birthday has some restrictions that the other pieces of data don’t have.
Here’s how to change your birthday on Facebook, and what you should know before you do.
How to change your birthday on Facebook’s website
1. Head to the Facebook website and log into your account.
2. Go to your profile page and click About below your profile picture.
3. On the About page, click Contact and Basic Info in the left sidebar.
4. Scroll down to the section with your birthday. Here, click the pencil icon if you want to change the exact date, or the tiny icon next to the pencil (it can be a globe, lock, group of people, or a star) if you want to change who can see your birthday.
5. Pick your new birthdate and click Save, or pick your new audience.
Your birthday will update immediately. Changing this won’t send out any sort of notification.
How to change your birthday in the Facebook mobile app
1. Open the Facebook app and log into your account.
2. Head to your profile and tap See Your About Info, below your profile picture and public information.
3. Scroll down to the Basic Info heading and tap Edit to the right of it.
4. Use the Birthday options to change your birthdate’s day, month, or year. You can also tap the Audience is options to set who can see your birthday.
5. Once you’re done, tap Save in the top-right corner.