DT in Spanish could receive a commission if you buy a product from the site
Never again experience the disappointment of searching for one of your favorite videos only to find that it has been removed. Although sometimes it can be a bit complicated, it is possible to download YouTube videos on iPhone to watch them whenever you want, even if you do not have internet access; in this article we will show you some of the easiest methods to do it.
Some techniques require you to use your Mac and/or iTunes in conjunction with your device.
You will be interested:
YouTube Premium is a subscription service that allows you to download videos to your phone. Prices start at $11.99 per month for the individual plan, $17.99 per month for the family plan, and $6.99 per month for the student plan. Downloaded videos may be quite low resolution, even 360 pixels, but at least you’ll be able to watch them instead of losing them forever. There is a one month free trial, and you can find it through the link below or simply through YouTube iOS app.
Method 2: Third Party Apps
There are various applications, both free and paid, that you can use to download YouTube videos. we choose ClipGrabwhich is free, as an example, but there are many video downloaders or converters that will port YouTube material to your desktop, and the following steps will work just the same.
- After downloading and opening ClipGrab, type keywords into the app’s search bar to find the videos you want to save.
- Choose one of the results and use the dropdown menu to convert it to MPEG4 format for viewing on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make your selection and then click Grab This Clip.
- The app will put a video on your desktop and then you will have two options to continue: iTunes or AirDrop.
- AirDrop is the easiest way to save a short video on your iPhone; just right click on the video icon on your desktop and choose Compartir > air drop.
- Make sure to enable AirDrop both on the desktop and in Control Center on your iPhone. You don’t need a wired connection between your Mac and iPhone.
- Click the AirDrop icon or drag the video icon onto the AirDrop icon on your Mac, and the file will be sent directly to your Camera Roll for you to view whenever you want.
- Use a USB to Lightning cable to connect your iPhone with your Mac.
- Choose your device in the sidebar.
- Choose the videos tab and click on the sync option.
- Click on all the videos you want to watch on your phone and choose Sync up.
- Use the Apple TV app on your iPhone to find your video under library > Homemade videos.
Starting with iOS 11, released in 2017, you can record your iPhone or iPad screen and anything playing on it, including YouTube videos. This simple method is completely free.
- Open YouTube and search for your favorite video.
- Change the orientation to landscape.
- In Control Center, swipe up and tap the power button. Engrave (the circle within a circle).
- Wait while the video plays, then tap to stop recording when it’s done.
- The video will be recorded and stored on your Camera Roll.
Whether or not downloading a YouTube creation is the right thing to do depends entirely on the intention of the uploader. While some people or companies that upload videos to the platform simply want to share their content, others do so to generate profit. Many videographers get part of the ad revenue, plus YouTube pays for their expenses with that money as well. When you download and play videos offline, the payment portion is removed from the transaction and the video no longer generates any revenue for its creator or the platform. In which case, a video should not be downloaded for commercial purposes or for mass distribution; just to see it personally. That way you avoid most ethical issues and copyright violations.