Since its launch, Nintendo’s modular console allows us to take screenshots and record videos of our games to share them on social networks. However, until relatively recently (with the 11.0.0 update), the Nintendo Switch did not give us the option of being able to send this content directly to our phones to do what we want with it, but we had to publish it on a social network to then download it.
You will be interested in:
If you want to know what you have to do to easily send you snapshots from your Switch to your phone (Android or iPhone) keep reading, because we are going to explain all the steps to follow one by one.
The first thing to do is make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. After checking, access the gallery of your console from the home screen, on the photo icon that says “Album”.
- Once inside this menu, click on the screenshot or video you want to send and press the button A to open a new menu.
- You will now see the capture in large and several options below it. Choose “Publish and edit” by pressing button A.
- In the left margin of the screen you will have several actions available. The one that interests us is the second, the one that says “Send to a smart device.”
- The system will ask you if you want to send only one capture or several. If you choose several, you will return to the menu with all the captures. By marking one by one you can choose the ones you want to send, up to a limit of ten.
- Next you will see a screen with two steps. In the first one, a QR code appears on the screen of the Switch that you must scan with the camera application of your phone and you will see that a link appears.
- Click on the link that is displayed and you will see a second QR on the screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Scan this second code to send the selected files to your phone.
- A download page will automatically open on your phone within your mobile browser.
- Click on one of the images (or the image if it is only one) so that it is downloaded to the gallery of your device automatically. Keep in mind that this process may take a few minutes, especially if there are several files.
- Finally, press “Finish” on your Switch to close the sharing tool.