- To dislike a TikTok video, long-press on the video and select “Not interested” from the pop-up menu.
- Disliking videos can help TikTok understand your tastes and provide you with content you’ll want to watch.
- If you accidentally like a video, you can undo it immediately with a single tap.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Like most social networks, TikTok has an algorithm built into the app to identify videos you might like.
One of the simple ways to influence the algorithm is to click on videos you enjoy. Sometimes liking one video can affect the algorithm in ways you don’t expect.
If you start getting videos you don’t like, you can let TikTok know by “disliking” them. In reality, you will be showing TikTok that you’re not interested in the videos and allowing them to improve the videos that pop up on your For You Page.
How to dislike a TikTok video
1. Tap on a video and continue holding, also known as a long-press.
2. After you long-press, a menu should come up showing the options to “Save Video,” “Add to Favorites,” “Report,” or “Not interested.”
3. If you want to mark that you dislike this specific video, tap Not interested. You can expand on your dislikes, however, by tapping More.
4. After tapping More, you will get another menu giving you the option to either Hide videos from this user or Hide videos with this sound. The latter can be helpful if there is a viral song or audio everybody seems to like except you.
How to undo a like on TikTok
To keep a video you don’t care for from affecting your algorithm, make sure not to like it.
If you accidentally tap the “Like” heart on a video, simlpy tap the heart again and it will no longer be marked as a video you like.