Sunday, July 3

Israel strikes again in Gaza after launching new incendiary balloons

The Israeli army bombed Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, for the second time this week and after three consecutive days of launching incendiary balloons from the enclave into its territory, according to a military spokesman.

Ilan Pappé, Israeli historian: “We can count the days until the next cycle of violence”

Know more

“During this day, incendiary balloons were launched from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory. In response, a short time ago, Israeli Army fighter jets attacked military compounds and a rocket launch site belonging to the terrorist organization Hamas.” , says a military statement.

Palestinian security sources in Gaza have confirmed to Efe that the bombings hit three training centers belonging to the Ezedin Al Kasem Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, which de facto controls the enclave since 2007. In addition, they detailed that although they did not cause injured, did produce material damage.

In response to the launching of incendiary balloons, the Army said it had received instructions to “increase the level of preparedness for a series of scenarios including the resumption of hostilities.”

This Thursday, the balloons caused eight fires in the area, bringing the number to more than 30 since the beginning of launches by militiamen in Gaza last Tuesday, according to Israeli media.

During that day, in which 25 fires were registered in southern Israel as a result of these attacks, the Army also responded with shelling on targets of the armed wing of Hamas, which it holds responsible for all hostilities emanating from the Strip.

Hamas, for its part, said Thursday in a statement after the bombings that if Israel “commits any stupidity” against the population of Gaza or members of the movement, there will be an armed response.

These three days of hostilities between Israel and the Gaza militias were the first since May 21, when a “mutual, simultaneous and unconditional” truce came into force that put an end to an escalation of war that lasted for eleven days, with a balance of 255 dead in the enclave and 13 in Israel.