The NGX closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 36 basis points. The NGX ASI closed at 43,549.28 points, to reflect a decline of 0.36% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 8.14%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N82.46 billion.
At the close of market today, Thursday 11th November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.73 trillion from N22.81 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as UNITYBNK led 12 gainers, and 19 Losers topped by CORNERST at the end of today’s session. The stock market has advanced 3,278.56 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- UNITYBNK up +7.27% to close at N0.59
- FTNCOCOA up +5.00% to close at N0.42
- UNIVINSURE up +4.76% to close at N0.22
- WAPCO up +2.62% to close at N25.50
- UPDC up +2.42% to close at N1.69
NGX ASI top losers
- CORNERST down –8.77%to close at N0.52
- CUTIX down –8.06% to close at N5.70
- ETRANZACT down – 7.32% to close at N1.90
- REGALINS down –7.32% to close at N0.38
- LASACO down –5.36% to close at N1.06
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- FBNH – 28,155,159 units
- TRANSCORP – 23,505,886 units
- ZENITHBANK – 12,521,490 units
- ACCESS – 9,289,303 units
- STERLINGBANK – 8,296,307 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- MTNN – N405,340,141.90
- FBNH – N322,074,450.80
- ZENITHBANK – N301,202,590.90
- GTCO – N198,896,499.75
- NESTLE – N129,580,731.40
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 12 gainers were surpassed by 19 losers.