It took a lot of water under the bridge for Melinda French Gates to finally delve into an interview with CBS about her breakup with tech mogul Bill Gates.
The still co-founder of the Gates Foundation, who married the owner of Microsoft in 1994, acknowledged days of great pain. In addition, she talked about the relationship that her ex had with Jeffrey Epstein.
These are the best statements of Melinda Gates to CBS
- On Bill Gates’ infidelity with a Microsoft employee in 2000: “Well, I certainly believe in forgiveness. So I thought we had worked on some of that. It wasn’t a specific moment or thing that happened. It got to a point where there was enough in there that I realized it just wasn’t healthy, and I couldn’t trust what we had.”
- “I shed a lot of tears for many days…I was literally lying on the floor and the carpet…thinking how can this be? How can I get up? How am I going to move on?”
- “I gave every piece of myself to this marriage.”
- “I did not like that he had meetings with Jeffrey Epstein… He was abhorrent, he was evil personified. I had nightmares about it afterwards. So my heart breaks for these young women. Because that’s how I felt, and I’m an older woman here… It was horrible.”
- On the fortune he has and that he also inherited from Bill Gates: “If you are lucky enough to be a billionaire, believe me, you can give away half and not change your life.”