Like every four years, soccer lovers are waiting to see the different uniforms that the teams will wear in the World Cup competitions. This Monday, August 29, Adidas revealed the official away jersey that the Mexican national team will wear for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
Inspired by the abundant graphic elements of Mexico’s pre-Hispanic collective memory, the t-shirt features a design that converges with national cultural icons.
- MALINALLI: the grass that blooms, the grass that rises to the cosmos and that with the root connects to the underworld.
- SNAIL: Wind and spirit. It represents the first breath of life and the last exhalation. identifies with “Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli”the lord of dawn represented at dawn, and in December with “Xolotl” that is represented at dusk and that accompanies him to the underworld. very relatable with “Quetzalcoatl”.
- SCROLL: Word that flourishes, represents the truth, song and poetry.
- WALKING STICK: The word stick, “Quetzalcoatl“He carries it in some codices as the baton.
- NEW FIRE: Rubbing the sacred wood, fire emanates. Represents the cosmic cycles (52 years)
These representations on the away jersey present the history, roots and culture of our country, bringing knowledge and power to the courts of Qatar, presenting not only a uniform, but an armor, full of magic, power and poetry.
Made from recycled materials, the ultra-breathable kit incorporates the latest Adidas material innovations, such as HEAT.RDY technology combined with special cooling zones designed to keep players cool when temperatures rise on the pitch at Stadium 974 and Lusail Stadium. where the Mexican team will play the group stage.
The replica version of the jersey offers similar benefits thanks to the inclusion of AEROREADY – KEEP DRY, a technology that keeps fans comfortable and ready by managing sweat and providing a dry feel.
The new away jersey represents all Mexicans and seeks to continue writing victories in the history of El Tri.
This new shirt will be released in the friendly match against Paraguay that will take place on August 31 at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.