After two consecutive new highs, the NGX closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 112 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,730.55 points, to reflect a growth of 1.12% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 8.59%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N252.42 billion. At the close of market today, Tuesday 9th November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.82 trillion from N22.57 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as ABCTRANS led 24 gainers, and 16 Losers topped by BERGER at the end of today’s session. The stock market has advanced 3,459.83 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- ABCTRANS up +10.00% to close at N0.33
- FTNCOCOA up +10.00% to close at N0.44
- ARDOVA up +7.38% to close at N14.55
- UACN up +7.14% to close at N11.25
- LIVESTOCK up +6.83% to close at N2.19
NGX ASI Top losers
- BERGER down –9.52%to close at N8.55
- CAVERTON down –9.09% to close at N1.70
- UPL down – 7.39% to close at N2.13
- REGALINS down –6.82% to close at N0.41
- CONOIL down –5.65% to close at N21.70
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- STERLING – 83,312,950 units
- UACN – 34,207,385 units
- ZENITHBANK – 17,477,615 units
- UCAP – 17,450,023 units
- ACCESS – 15,272,567 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- MTNN – N1,076,957,731.10
- ZENITHBANK – N427,157,003.15
- UACN – N360,536,281.95
- AIRTEL – N225,381,648.60
- UCAP – N169,806,595.20
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 24 gainers surpassed 16 losers.