The Nigerian Exchange market closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 9 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 41,975.45 points, to reflect a decline of 0.09% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 4.23%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N19.80 billion.
At the close of market today, Wednesday, 3rd November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N21.91 trillion from N21.93 trillion in the previous trading day. The market breadth closed negative as UNIVINSURE led 13 gainers, and 20 losers topped by LASACO at the end of today’s session. The stock market has advanced 1,704.73 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- UNIVINSURE up +10.00% to close at N0.22
- MULTIVERSE up +10.00% to close at N0.22
- HONYFLOUR up +9.78% to close at N3.48
- STERLINBANK up +6.85% to close at N1.56
- WAPIC up +6.25% to close at N0.51
NGX ASI top losers
- LASACO down –9.40%to close at N1.06
- CHAMS down –8.33% to close at N0.22
- SOVRENINS down –8.33% to close at N0.22
- ARDOVA down –7.53% to close at N13.50
- LINKASS down –7.02% to close at N0.53
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- FBNH – 58,607,943 units
- MULTIVERSE – 32,079,738 units
- MBENEFIT – 21,553,106 units
- STERLINGBNK – 18,481,864 units
- TRANSCORP – 15,965,197 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- FBNH – N614.764,140.45
- WAPCO – N150,651,093.65
- GTCO – N147,980,540.50
- ZENITHBANK – N142,172,885.10
- ACCESS – N109,133,348.55
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 13 gainers were surpassed 20 losers.