The best way to see your Apple Watch is as an extension of your iPhone; not as a standalone device. By pairing your watch with your phone, the content of the former will be automatically sent to the latter. So when backing up your iPhone, the same will happen with the data on your smartwatch. In this guide we will show you how to backup Apple Watch, regardless of the model that adorns your wrist.
The data on your Apple Watch will be backed up to your iPhone regularly, as long as the watch is in range. The process so that your Apple Watch is no longer paired with your iPhone will automatically create a backup. That way, when you pair that watch again, or a new watch, you can choose to recover the most recent backup.
Steps to back up your Apple Watch
- First, make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings> [Tu Nombre]> iCloud. Turn on the control.
- Type iCloud> iCloud Backup. Switch the control to on.
- Make sure Clock is on.
- Type Back up now, if it hasn’t been backed up recently, or do it now anyway.
When you unpair your Apple Watch, it will automatically back up to your iPhone. When you have a new Apple Watch, follow these steps to recover the backed up data:
- Open the app Watch.
- Choose Start syncing.
- Choose Restart from Backup.
After that, follow the steps on the screen to accept the terms and sign up with your Apple ID.
Remember, your Apple Watch is an accessory to your iPhone. If your iPhone backup is up to date, it will retrieve all the information from your Apple Watch. After doing this, follow the steps above to pair Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
The backup will definitely not be all inclusive. Does not include:
- Bluetooth pairing
- Credit or debit cards used for Apple Pay on the watch
- The watch password
- Messages (if you use iCloud and Messages in iCloud, your iMessages, texts, and multimedia messages will be stored in iCloud).
The backrest includes:
- App data for built-in apps like Mail, Calendar, Stocks, and Weather
- Settings for built-in and external apps
- Your home screen settings
- Clock face settings and customizations
- Port settings
- General system settings
- Health and fitness information history
- Notification settings
- Playlists, albums, and mixes that are synced
- Setting for Siri voice for Apple Watch Series 3 and later devices
- Any photo synced under My Watch> Photos> Synchronized Albums in your Apple Watch app
- Time zone