The Nigerian Exchange (NGX) closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 22 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,349.90 points, to reflect a decline of 0.22% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 7.65%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N49.21 billion.
At the close of market today, Wednesday 17th November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.62 trillion from N22.67 trillion for the previous trading day. The market breadth closed negative as ABCTRANS led 14 gainers, and 24 Losers topped by NEIMETH at the end of today’s session. The stock market has advanced 3,079.18 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- ABCTRANS up +10.00% to close at N0.33
- CHAMS up +4.55% to close at N0.23
- CUTIX up +3.08% to close at N3.35
- WEMABANK up +2.35% to close at N0.87
- TRANSCORP up +2.06% to close at N0.99
NGX ASI top losers
- NEIMETH down –9.09%to close at N1.80
- JAPAUL down –9.09% to close at N0.40
- UNITY down – 8.47% to close at N0.54
- CHIPLC down –8.06% to close at N0.57
- UNILEVER down –7.53% to close at N13.50
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- FBNH – 68,611,667 units
- INTBREW – 36,694,419 units
- GTCO – 24,220,921 units
- UNITYBANK – 9,508,750 units
- ACCESS – 9,465,683 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
NESTLE – N2,972,255,097.10
FBNH – N856,175,177.15
GTCO – N644,043,798.40
NB – N401,799,021.85
INTBREW – N201,822,878.05
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential closing flat as 14 gainers equal 24 losers.