The Rapid Alert System of the European Union for non-food products, it has warned of the risk of injury that can cause a failure in the airbags of some models of Citroën cars.
The airbag does not comply with the regulatory requirements established for homologation. This causes that over time, prolonged exposure to high temperatures or humidity could affect the air bag inflator material.
This it is dangerous, because in the event of a collision, when the airbag deploys, the inflator could break, detaching metal fragments from the affected part that could cause injuries to passengers.
The affected vehicles
Proper homologation affects Citroën C3 V3, Citroën C4 V2 and DS4, DS3 and DS5 vehicles. These are very sold passenger cars, so the failure affects hundreds of thousands of vehicles. It is in all cases of cars manufactured a few years ago:
- The affected Citroën C3 V3s were manufactured between September 2009 and January 2017
- The Citroën C4 V2s were manufactured between September 2009 and February 2017
- Defective DS4s were manufactured between September 2009 and February 2017
- DS3s that left the factory between October 2010 and October 2016
- DS5s manufactured between June 2011 and August 2016
You can check more details in the RAPEX page.
How to proceed if our vehicle is affected
The manufacturer will proceed to contact the buyers to proceed with the repair, since the replacement of the affected item has been ordered.
If it is dev second-hand vehicles from OCU recommend taking the initiative and contacting customer service to check if the airbag of our vehicle needs to be repaired.
If you don’t want to miss any of our items, subscribe to our newsletters