The National Secretariat of Science, Technology and Innovation (Senacyt), invited people with Panamanian nationality to apply to the public calls that the institution currently maintains available to study at the most prestigious universities in the world and participate in the development of science, technology and innovation in the country.
These are various scholarship opportunities to study abroad, among which are a call for applications to pursue a bachelor’s degree; two for masters; and three to obtain a doctorate degree, all in priority areas for the country in terms of science, technology and innovation.
Likewise, a call to opt for a medical subspecialty is also kept open, also abroad.
Besides, the Senacite Two trainings are available to strengthen learning in science and technology for teachers: one focused on the discipline of physics, and the other on chemistry.
Likewise, those interested are invited to apply for a call for funds for business innovation in the country, and for children to enroll in a computer science course.
Eduardo Ortega-Barría, Senacyt’s national secretary, affirmed that this entity “is committed to the development of science and technology in Panama through education and constant training of human resources. Therefore, we invite citizens to apply to the different calls of the Senacyt in order to have more professionals capable of meeting the needs of the country. In addition, Senacyt grants funds to promote innovative projects and scientific research and technological development ”.
The calls available this time are:
1. Undergraduate of excellence for Official Colleges: Aimed at those with a bachelor’s degree (maximum 2 years after completing it) or who are studying the last period of the last year of high school in an official secondary education center in Panama, with the intention of taking degrees at Ontario Tech University , University of Southern Indiana or University of Arkansas. It closes on February 17, 2022.
2. Master of Science in Technology 2021: Aimed at people with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, interested in undertaking master’s studies in areas of study related to computing and information science. It closes on March 3, 2022.
3. Scholarship for studies of the dual master’s program in supply chain engineering 2021: Aimed at people with academic training or experience in engineering, logistics or related careers. It closes on May 20, 2022.
4. Research PhD in the health area 2021: Aimed at those who wish to train as health researchers at study centers of excellence abroad or who are already studying at study centers of international excellence. It closes on January 26, 2022.
5. Research Doctorate 2021: Aimed at those interested in training as researchers at study centers of excellence abroad or who are already studying a research doctorate at study centers of excellence abroad. It closes on February 3, 2022.
6. Doctorate in specific areas of knowledge: Aimed at people with a master’s degree interested in acquiring specialties in a doctorate degree in Canada, in areas established in the list of member universities of the CALDO Consortium of this call. It closes on February 17, 2022.
7. Medical subspecialties in priority areas of the health sector to be carried out abroad 2021: Aimed at suitable doctors, who are or are not working in the public health system, interested in acquiring a medical subspecialty abroad in areas of knowledge prioritized by the health sector. It closes on March 8, 2022.
8. Physics teaching specialization: Aimed at high school teachers, with functions related to the teaching of physics, who are in the service of the Ministry of Education or in private schools in Panama. It closes on January 14, 2022.
9. Postgraduate in Chemistry Didactics: Aimed at high school teachers, with functions related to the teaching of chemistry that are in service in the national educational system. It closes on January 14, 2022.
10. National Award for Business Innovation 2021: Aimed at Panamanian for-profit companies registered in Panama. It closes on February 15, 2022.
11. Computer Science Course: Aimed at children between 10 and 13 years old to learn about programming with the use of the Ubbu platform. Enrollment open until places are exhausted. Course start date: January 7, 2022.