Friday, January 21

Sexist aggression in a town in Toledo: he kills the sentimental partner of his ex-partner whom he left badly injured


A man has died and a woman has been seriously injured after suffering an assault with a knife in the Toledo town of Gálvez.

Shortly afterwards, the Toledo Civil Guard arrested the alleged perpetrator of the events in which a 77-year-old man lost his life and injured a 35-year-old woman who has already been discharged from hospital, after being treated at the University Hospital of Toledo, as confirmed by sources from this center.

The events took place around 9:21 p.m. this past Sunday at an address on Miguel de Cervantes street in Toledo, when the 35-year-old woman and her current partner, a 77-year-old man, were attacked. by her ex-partner.

Hours later, around 0.45 am on Monday, the alleged aggressor was detained in the same town by members of the Civil Guard, after ending the life of his ex-partner’s current partner.

The Organic Unit of the Judicial Police of the Civil Guard of Toledo investigates what happened as a possible case of gender violence.

The alleged murderer skipped the restraining order

The delegate of the Government of Castilla-La Mancha, Francisco Tierraseca, has confirmed that the alleged murderer of his ex-partner’s boyfriend and that he has also seriously injured the woman in the town of Gálvez would have skipped the restraining order on her.

To questions from the media, he has also confirmed that it is gender violence and that he had previously attacked the woman.

After learning the facts, the president of Castilla-La Mancha, Emiliano García-Page, described the incident in the Toledo municipality of Gálvez as “miserable murder, obviously of sexist origin and in the presence of a seven-year-old girl”. “It is truly terrible.”

“I am not naive, there is violence and there will be, but the pretexts to justify that violence or what motivates it is what we have to combat” and he wanted to make it clear that “all frivolous behavior with gender violence must be eradicated. Whoever does not agree should not say anything. The youngest are not helped by instilling values ​​of aggressiveness or difference through social networks ”, he argued.

The alleged murderer had just gotten out of jail

The Minister of Equality of Castilla-La Mancha, Blanca Fernández, has explained that the man who has allegedly murdered the new sentimental partner of his ex-partner in Gálvez, “had just” got out of jail where he entered precisely for having attacked the woman . The 35-year-old woman has been seriously injured after suffering an assault with a knife in Gálvez (Toledo), and her partner has died at the hands of the man who has already been arrested as the alleged perpetrator of the events.

“We condemn this new sexist attack, an attack on a 35-year-old woman who has saved her life. But the murderer has killed her partner,” explained Fernández. As the leader explained, the alleged perpetrator of the crime had been released from jail this summer after attacking the same woman. “Sexist violence does not stop, we have been aware for many years that it exists and we have to fight against it, equipping ourselves with better mechanisms,” stressed the counselor. The woman did not have a protection system, having refused it.

The woman also had a restraining order against the aggressor. “That was breached by trying to take his life and that of his partner ahead of him. We regret the murder and condemn it with full force and the conviction that we have to continue fighting with the policies that do not leave the fight against sexist violence in the background. and that they do not leave the fight for equality in the background. Only real equality can put an end to machismo, “said Blanca Fernández.

The minor daughter of the woman and the mortal victim is now the “main concern” of the Community Board, said the counselor, and the system of coordination and protection of the minor between the counseling of Equality and Social Welfare. The counselor has not confirmed how it is reported that the minor had witnessed the assault.

He has also asked “deniers” to be “careful” with messages that “empower abusers and endanger women and their children.” “Not giving up a single millimeter in the fight against sexist violence in matters as dramatic as lamenting the life of a man and almost the murder of a woman, he concluded.

The City Council calls three days of mourning

The Gálvez City Council, in which the PP and PSOE are represented, has met in an extraordinary and urgent manner and it was agreed to decree three days of official mourning in memory and support of the victim’s family, as well as in rejection of “the mourning and unfortunate events “.

The flags of the municipal buildings will wave with black crepe and an extraordinary and urgent plenary session has been called for today, Monday 20, at 7:00 p.m., where a manifesto of the political groups PP and PSOE on behalf of the town of Gálvez will be approved, “from rejection of violence and in support of the families of the tragic act “. A concentration at the gates of the Consistory has also been convened this Monday at 7:30 p.m. where 1 minute of silence will be observed, against violence and in support of families.

“From the City Council of Gálvez, we encourage all residents who wish to participate both in the minute of silence and in the extraordinary plenary session,” the Town Hall explained in a statement.



www.eldiario.es