To honor him in his day, we have looked for more original recipes than tortillas and scrambled eggs, without being sophisticated, and we have paid special attention to the homemade recipes of José Luis Priego Bermejo, compiled in his book 365 + 1 Cooking Recipes and 365 +1 Wines to accompany them, by Ediciones Ondina.
We also bring you some light and healthy broken eggs at last and, finally, exclusively, the version of the fried egg croquette that will make you celebrate this tribute to the verge of drooling.
Poached egg on laminated potato and salmorejo
For the salmorejo:
- Peel and chop 500 g of tomatoes and add half a loaf of sliced bread from the day before (let it soak).
- Add 100 ml of oil, salt, vinegar and a minced garlic clove, according to taste.
- Blend with the mixer until you get a homogeneous dough.
For the egg:
- Cut a large potato into slices and add a chive and a small green pepper finely chopped. Put a little oil, pepper and salt, mix and put in the microwave for two and a half minutes. Take out, stir and repeat the operation two more times.
- In a bowl, place a piece of parafilm, add a little oil and put the egg without the shell, salt, pepper and some chopped basil leaves. Roll into a sack and tie with a thread. Put two tea bags in boiling water and cook them for four minutes, stirring occasionally so that the yolk is centered. Take them out and place them in cold water so that they do not continue to cook.
- Serve the salmorejo in the bottom of a large glass, then the laminated potatoes and the poached egg on top. Garnish with a sprig of basil.
Came: Aura Selection Parcel Great Bustard, Verdejo fermented in barrel, from Bodegas Aura, DO Rueda. 15.90 euros.
Quail egg in gorgonzola cream
- Chop 120 g of cheese and distribute into two bowls, add 200 ml of milk and heat for a minute in the microwave.
- With the help of a fork, homogenize the mixture and let it cool. Garnish with a little oregano, pepper and a few pieces of cheese.
- Next, fry two quail eggs being careful not to break them.
- Toast a slice of bread, cut two circles with a pasta cutter, put the eggs on top and season with salt and pepper. Finally, serve over the gorgonzola cream.
Came : Tantum Ergo Rosé Pinot Noir Brut Nature from Bodegas Hispano Suizas, DO Cava. 22.50 euros.
Eggs on the plate with provolone
- Julienne a zucchini, a green pepper and an onion and brown them in a pan. Season and reserve.
- In a tray, cover the base with tomato slices, add oil, oregano and salt, and place the vegetables previously made on top.
- Next, put the diced provolone, and finally, crack two eggs, one at each end of the tray.
- Salt and pepper and bake, with the oven preheated to 220 ° C, for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve carefully so as not to destroy the dough formed and not to break the egg.
Came: Guímaro, from Bodegas Guímaro, DO Ribeira Sacra. 9.22 euros.
- Prepare a marinade by placing a small diced beet with its broth, a cinnamon stick, water, 50 ml of vinegar, three tablespoons of sugar in a saucepan and boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it lose heat. Cook the eggs for about four minutes and peel them.
- Put the marinade in a bowl and dip the eggs. Close, let cool and put them in the refrigerator, about 12-24 hours.
- Serve with a mustard brush to contrast the colors.
Came: Chamomile Solear, from Bodegas Barbadillo, DO Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda. 6.25 euros.
Light broken eggs with ham
There are many broken egg recipes, but this one so original is from Chef Bosquet, from his book The pleasure of eating without remorse, by Espasa. And you can change the ham for sobrasada, chorizo, foie, cheeses, eels or whatever comes your way.
- Cut 150 g of peeled sweet potato, 150 g of peeled potatoes and 150 g of peeled cassava into very thin sticks, less than one centimeter thick (this will make them crispier).
- Transfer all three to a bowl and soak them with half a teaspoon of Provencal herbs, half a teaspoon of black pepper, a little salt and a splash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO).
- Distribute on greaseproof paper and bake at 200 ° C, with air and heat up and down, about 20 minutes or until you see them toasted. You can also cook them in the air fryer, stirring every five minutes (a total of 15 or 20 minutes).
- While the tubers are baking, prepare two grilled eggs.
- For the plating, distribute the three tubers, place the eggs on top, distribute 40 g of Iberian ham, sprinkle with 10 g of chopped chives, accompany with 15 g of Parmesan flakes, and enjoy!
Came: Safra, 70% estate red wine, 30% arcos, from Celler del Roure-Les Alcusses, DO Valencia. 11 euros.
Fried egg croquette
- We start by separating the yolks from the whites of four eggs and frying the whites. We reserve the yolks.
- We crush the whites a little milk and reserve.
- In a pan, we will put 25 g of butter and two tablespoons of oil. When it is hot, we will add four tablespoons of flour. We will give it a few turns so that it cooks a little and takes color. When it is ready, we will incorporate ¾ of a liter of milk little by little. We will add salt and pepper to taste.
- We will cook the bechamel for about 15 minutes. Add the fried and crushed egg whites.
- We let it rest for a few minutes so that it cools down and we can manipulate it.
- Once they have rested, we can start filling them with the yolks.
- We will beat two eggs and put a plate with breadcrumbs. We will pass the croquettes through the bread, the egg and the breadcrumbs before starting to fry them.
- When they are golden brown, we will remove them and reserve on absorbent paper so that they remove all the excess oil.
- Came: Ramón Bilbao organic white, a super classic Verdejo from the DO Rueda. 8.45 euros.
If you don’t want to miss any of our items, subscribe to our newsletters