Tomato, green pepper, cucumber, garlic, bread, vinegar, olive oil and salt. You do not need more to prepare a traditional Andalusian gazpacho, the favorite food of peasants and day laborers who, thanks to the concept of use that characterizes past generations, used bread that had remained dry and crushed it by hand along with tomatoes and other vegetables andvoila! Gazpacho done.
He liked the recipe so much that, to this day, gazpacho has its own international day. Specifically on July 21, how could it be otherwise, in the heat of hot summer.
Although it is true that, over time, the dishes are updated and this has happened with this drink, the main ingredients remain the same, although chefs and restaurants like the ones that follow have decided to innovate and create other types of gazpachos, not So traditional, but just as tasty.
For you to try them, here we bring you the recipes, simple and detailed, and the names of their creators, in case you want to try them in those that have a restaurant.
This delicacy that you are going to drink like water, literally, you can try it in the restaurant Sun Post in Formentera, or make it with your own hands thanks to its recipe.
- Cut into pieces five kg of ripe pear tomatoes, a cucumber, a white onion, a green pepper and a clove of garlic without germ.
- Leave to macerate for 12 hours in 500 ml of white vinegar, 1.25 liters of water and a tablespoon of salt.
- After that time, with the help of a blender, grind the ingredients while incorporating a liter of soft olive oil, in thread to emulsify.
- Once crushed, add salt to taste and leave the gazpacho in a container that can be frozen.
- When the gazpacho is frozen, take it out to thaw and put it to decant in a fine strainer or with the help of a cheesecloth or cloth strainer, without squeezing at any time.
- In this way, a gazpacho water will be obtained with all the flavor of gazpacho and an attractive transparent color, which we will allow to reach room temperature.
Gazpacho with carrots, hummus and olives
This creation by Luiti Callealta can be enjoyed at Cyclerestaurant located in Cádiz capital.
For the gazpacho:
- Blend a kilo of peeled and seasoned carrots with 100 ml of mineral water, pass through a clean cloth and set aside.
- Blend the smoothie together with 150 g of cooked carrot, 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil, a tablespoon of ground cumin, 45 g of sherry vinegar, salt and two cloves of garlic without germ for five minutes. Pass through a strainer and cool.
For the hummus:
- Cook 200 g of peeled chickpeas or use them already cooked, blend together with two ml of sesame oil, 100 ml of the cooking water and salt.
- Pass the mixture through a fine strainer.
For the plating, put a little hummus in the base of a glass, chopped olives and serve the gazpacho on top.
This fruit is so fashionable that you can try it in gazpacho if you make this recipe from Es Cupinain Formentera, by chef Juanjo Marí Pardo.
- Put in a container 800 g of cucumber, 600 g of avocado, 600 g of green pepper, 160 g of spring onion, a garlic, three units of lime juice, three slices of jalapeños, 10 g of fresh coriander, salt, pepper and 400 g of ice cubes.
- Blend at maximum speed in a food processor for seven minutes or with a mixer.
To decorate, as a topping, on the gazpacho, you can choose between grilled avocado or Granny Smith apple tartare or coconut cream or micromezclum or coriander leaves or a little extra virgin olive oil or a little flake salt .
Watermelon coconut and pistachio gazpacho
Recipe from OM Guingueta, a beach bar located in Canet de Mar, Barcelona.
- Cut half a watermelon into pieces in a bowl and add a glass of water, a clove of garlic, four tablespoons of grated coconut, half a small green pepper and a handful of pistachios to taste.
- Crush everything with the minipimer for a long time so that everything is well chopped and as liquid as possible. You can add water if you think it is too thick.
- Serve it with a few mint leaves and some whole pistachios to decorate.
- Store in the fridge for a few hours.
Paula Married is the creator of this recipe that she herself shows on her social networks or in her work as a private chef.
- Cut the following ingredients: a few green tomatillos in half, half a green bell pepper, half a jalapeno or serrano pepper, two ripe avocados, half an onion, half a cucumber and half a clove of garlic without the germ.
- Also add a piece of ginger, a little coriander, basil, salt, water and sherry vinegar.
- Blend all the ingredients well and emulsify with olive oil.
- Strain it to remove the seeds.
- Serve it on a plate and top with whatever you want as a garnish: apple slices, a green tomato, etc.
- Plate with toppings of ham, for example, a little coriander and olive oil.
Gazpacho with strawberries
It is a creation of Elijah Dosunmuchef and food content creator on social networks and future founder of Pushka Foods, a fast food restaurant.
- Cut the stem of the tomato and randomly chop 190 g of said fruit.
- Also chop half a green pepper, a slice of bread, half a cucumber, a clove of garlic and 160 g of strawberries.
- Transfer it to a large bowl and add 25 ml of vinegar (if it can be from Jerez) and 190 ml of water.
- Then add salt to taste, two tablespoons of sugar and blend well until completely smooth.
- For a nice texture, pass the gazpacho through a strainer.
- Rest for three hours or, better, overnight in the fridge and voila!
If you don’t want to miss any of our articles, subscribe to our newsletters