The idealization of brands implies that perhaps many fans of Marvel they would beg to be in one of the mega movie productions. Nevertheless, in a reddit forum and in a note replicated by the TheGamer sitethe special effects artists who have worked for the company, have filled the complaint discussion groups.
The thread is actually called “I’m downright sick and tired of working on Marvel shows.” There Reddit user Independent-Ad419 expressed his frustration with the study.
“Marvel has probably the worst visual effects production and management methodology out there,” they write. “They can never fix the look of the show before more than half of the allotted time for the show is over. Artists who work on Marvel shows are definitely not paid equivalent to the amount of work they do.”
Other complaints against Marvel
- “In Thor they ask for a full mini-sequence 2 or 3 weeks before the deadline,” says samvfx2015.
- “I request not to work in movies and TV shows [de Marvel]. Unfortunately, they are becoming our biggest customer. They expect a wide variety of options so they can change their minds three more times.”
- “I am in almost three years in a row of Marvel. Welcome to the seventh level of hell»
- It has been a “black hole of sleep deprivation and poor eating.”
- “I’m on my third Marvel project in a row and literally woke up at 5:30am on a Saturday with the stress of ‘I don’t want to do this anymore,'” writes RANDVR. “It’s 6 in the morning and I’m doing a reel to apply somewhere that has non-Marvel projects because I can’t do this anymore.”
- “Marvel has seen grown men punch walls and throw stress monitors. I’ve been broken a couple of times and I’ve seen the strain it can put on marriages. But hey, the $$ was fantastic. Fuck Marvel as a client, the name of the credit is not worth it.
- “It took me more than six months to recover from the WandaVision crisis. Not worth it. Not when there are better-executed projects that look just as good out there.”