The governor of the State of Mexico, Alfredo del Mazo, made last Thursday the first symbolic deliveries to students of Tlalnepantla of debit cards so that they can collect their Strong Families for Education Scholarship.
The scholarship seeks to favor the permanence, access and completion of studies for Mexicans with economic inequality.
throughout the epidemic. In the State of Mexico, at least 45,000 cases of school dropouts have been registered, which is why the entity has promoted these programs to support students with 800 pesos per month.
We tell you the details of the scholarship, the requirements, processes and when the call for the 2022-2023 school year comes out.
The call will go out between August and September and requirements are:
- Demonstrate your residence in the state or that you are originally from the entity.
- You must be part of a low-income family.
- You must not be a beneficiary of any other government social support program.
- You must carry out the procedure according to the terms established in the call.
- You must be a student enrolled in a public institution of the state and federal subsystem of the basic level, (4th, 5th and 6th grade of elementary school and 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade of secondary school).
The documents required for enrollment in the program are:
- Register format. (https://seduc.edomex.gob.mx/becas-educacion-basica).
- Student’s birth certificate.
- Official identification of the mother, father or guardian.
- Proof of address no older than three months and that is from the State of Mexico.
- Proof of monthly income.
- Certificate of studies.
The state government is expected to publish the scholarship results in December 2022.