Do you feel like cooking? Little, right? With these heats and on vacation, or continuous work, what we all want is that the food is almost made by itself and, in addition, we can enjoy the most delicious flavors. And, of course, that they are refreshing, easy to eat without having to carry too many gadgets to the beach or the pool, without staining our fingers or needing a table to cut with a knife and fork.
10 recipes with cod directly from Portugal to Palencia with love
That is why we asked the family of Mavimar, which reinvented itself during confinement to make small delicatessen bites perfect for celebrations, events and caterings, what snacks would you suggest for elDiario.es readers, with the exquisite combinations of ingredients that the father, Marcos Giraldo, can think of; the mother, Red Visitation; and the brothers Alberto and Cristina Giraldo Rojo in their usual brainstorming. Here are their proposals.
Cod brandade toast and parsley oil
- Chop 30 g of parsley leaves, add 200 ml of oil, mix well and filter with a fine mesh strainer.
- Reserve in a kitchen ‘bottle’.
- Put oil in the pan and heat, add a cayenne pepper and four sliced garlic cloves and fry, remove the garlic and cayenne and cool.
- Add 100 g of cream cheese together with 500 g of cod and blend.
- Toast 12 slices of rustic bread, add the filling and drizzle with oil and parsley to taste.
Melon cubes with ham
- Crush 500 g of melon.
- In a saucepan, put the melon juice and add four grams of agar-agar; with the rods, mix so that there are no lumps and wait a few minutes.
- Heat over medium heat and, meanwhile, stir until it comes to a boil for two minutes.
- Dose into a minicupcake mold.
- Chop 50 g of ham into shavings and decorate the molds with it.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least two hours and unmold.
Puff pastry pie with tuna
- Chop 250 g of onion, two cloves of garlic and a pepper and fry with 50 ml of oil, add 200 g of crushed tomato, add the salt and fry for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl, we prepare 300 g of flaked canned tuna, three chopped boiled eggs and, finally, 100 g of chopped pickles.
- Add the sauce, mix and reserve.
- On the baking sheet, place the baking paper and then a sheet of puff pastry, spread the filling that we have reserved and then place the other sheet. With the help of a fork, we close the edges, pierce the puff pastry and paint it with egg.
- Preheat the oven to 200º C.
- Bake for 45 minutes, let it cool and serve to taste.
Peach gazpacho with blackberry pearls
- Add 500 g of tomato, 300 g of ripe peach, 20 g of chives, 20 g of green pepper, olive oil, sherry vinegar and salt to the blender glass.
- We grind and reserve it in the refrigerator.
- We shelled some blackberries.
- Pour the gazpacho from the thermos into small glasses and decorate with the blackberry beans.
- Cook 450 g of salted prawns in 300 ml of water.
- Chop a can of cockles, another of mussels, a hard-boiled egg and the prawns and make a filling by adding 10 g of ketchup and 100 g of mayonnaise.
- Preheat the oven.
- Brush the surface of a pasta sheet with melted butter.
- Place another sheet, brush with butter and place the sheet.
- Cut the sheets into 8 cm strips and each strip into 8 cm squares.
- Place each square in the hole of the mini muffins and push them towards the bottom to cover the hole well.
- Bake 5 minutes at 200º C.
- Remove the tartlets from the mold and let them cool on kitchen paper.
- Fill the tartlets, decorate and serve.
- Wash 100 g of basil. Separate the leaves from the stem.
- Making the pesto: crush the basil leaves, 200 g of Parmesan cheese, 75 g of pine nuts, two cloves of garlic, 150 ml of olive oil and five grams of salt.
- Wash and cut 100 g of cherries tomatoes in half.
- Drain 300 g of mozzarella pearls and add them to the pesto sauce and marinate for 30 minutes.
- With the skewer, we prick half a yellow tomato, add a mozzarella pearl and we prick half a red tomato again.
- Leave in refrigeration until consumption.
Sweet potato chips
- Wash and peel 150 g of sweet potato.
- With the mandolin, cut the sweet potato into thin slices.
- In a bowl, add the sweet potato, 50 ml of olive oil, five grams of salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180º C.
- Leave to marinate in refrigeration for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and put the sweet potato slices on the baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180ºC.
- Let cool and ready to eat.
- This snack can be accompanied with different sauces, one of them can be avocado with Cantabrian anchovy.
Avocado with Cantabrian anchovy
- Put all the ingredients in a glass and crush to taste, namely: 200 g of avocado, 30 g of onion, a clove of garlic, a teaspoon of Tabasco, a teaspoon of salt, two tablespoons of mayonnaise and six anchovies.
- Pour the filling into a bowl and sprinkle 1p g of coriander to taste.
- Suggestion: if it is not going to be consumed immediately, place the avocado pit in the bowl and cover it with film so that it does not rust.
- Serve with crackers, tartlets, etc.
Mustard Chicken Sandwich
- In a bowl, mix five grams of Dijon mustard, half a teaspoon of honey and another half of soy sauce.
- Add 200 g of chicken to this mixture and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and mark the chicken with the marinated sauce. We withdraw and reserve.
- Spread the slices of bread with the goat cheese, and add the plums previously cut in half.
- Cover with the cooked chicken and place thin slices of quince and cover with the other slice of bread.
- In the pan, over low heat, we place the sandwiches and brown the bread. Ready to eat
If you don’t want to miss any of our items, subscribe to our newsletters