Given the difficulty of choosing the best among the huge number of burger joints and restaurants that are challenged to offer increasingly original burgers, we have trusted the criteria of the II Spanish Championship the best burger.
Because not only does it have a ranking of the winners, but it also reveals the top three of each community, so we have pulled the list to discover where you will find those piece of burgers to getaway shot. And if there is one in your city that you like more, leave it in the comments, for International Hamburger Day 2023.
- junk burger: in Ponzano, Madrid, the best hamburger in Spain is the Junk, a double smashed burger (240 g) made from matured Galician blonde beef, seasoned with cheddar cheese and crispy smoked bacon from the Sierra de Madrid. Junk sauce dripping wrapped in brioche.
- Berty’s Burger: in Gijonbest hamburger in Asturias 2022 and second best hamburger in Spain 2022 is the Dry aged burger, 180 g of authentic Galician blonde beef, aged for 70 days, crispy smoked bacon, caramelized onion, American cheddar cheese and Berty’s secret sauce.
- Frankie’s Burgersalso in Madridwas third with the Super Frankie Cheese Bacon, 250 g of meat, double cheddar, double bacon and house sauce.
Best Cheese Burgers
- FBI Restaurant: in Murcia The Best Cheeseburger in Spain is made and it is called El Panzas, a 200 g hamburger of Murcian chato (pork) mixed and au gratin with mild red cheddar cheese, tomato, leek coleslaw, covered with ñora sauce and smoked paprika pearls ending with bacon roasted
- Nickel Burger: has several locations in Seville, in Granada and in Malaga. And the fun part is that you can choose a recipe and then the meat and bread you want, even the fries to your liking. The Cheeseleader won with blue cheese, mozzarella, smoked cheddar, arugula and Special Nickel sauce, with brioche and Iberian meats.
- The Duke’s: in Maliano, CantabriaPendo is a certified beef burger, marinated bacon, relish gherkin, Olavidia goat cheese, tamarillo and jalapeño chutney, Dukes sauce and table-grated matured cow cheese from the Deva River, from the Picos de Europa, on a brioche bun.
On the Mediterranean side
house pump: in Vielha and Mijaran, lleida, Escornaburger triumphed with 250 g of beef, oak leaf, tomato, caramelized onion, goat cheese and blueberry jam. If you live in Barcelona capital, go to the New York Burger and make yourself the Met Meat shank, pure originality.
Torriko Street Bar: in Alicantethe Bacon Juancheeseburger triumphed, with beef aged for 15 days, cheddar cheese, bacon cooked and marinated at low temperature, pickled cucumber and special BBQ sauce on butter brioche bread. Hundred Burgersin Valencia capital, is still among the best, as we already told you in 2021.
Kitchen 62, Sant Josep de sa Talaia, triumphed in the Balearic Islands with its 200 g dry-aged Galician blonde cow’s tail hamburger, old gouda and apple. Which is not bad at all.
in the southern half
Burger Food Porn: from its headquarters in Bormujos and Bermejales, in SevilleGrandmother dry aged was Champion in Andalusia, two patties (beef burgers) of 110 g of Galician blonde Dry Aged 45 days, matured cheddar, Iberian pork jowls and concentrated meat sauce cooked for 72 hours.
Little John Burgers & Things: within Cadiz, in Brokenrelieved in the second prize to Onoto from El Puerto de Santa María, with La Fuahhh!!!, mounted on truffle brioche bread with 170 g of beef, smoked old cheese, cured meat, foie gras and Périgueux sauce.
35 Burgers: headquartered in Merida and franchises in Badajoz, Bilbao and Lisbon, their Burguer Special 35 was the best in Extremadura with its 180 g of Galician blonde beef, Bourbon sauce, lettuce, fresh tomato, Havarti cheese, onion rings and extra crispy bacon.
Blessed Burgerin Talavera of the Queenthey have the best burger in Castilla La Mancha with I-span-ia: which wraps, in a brioche, charra beef from Salamanca, melted sheet of Iberian jowls, Arzúa Basque cheese raclette, caramelized apple with vermouth (Madrid ), sweet craft beer sauce and crispy fried onion crispies (both from Toledo).
in the northern half
loman station: in Ourensesurprised the whole of Galicia with a 200 g 100% Galician beef burger with cheese bullion de President and nettle cooked with Galician octopus in medicinal waters from As Burgas, á feira style.
hh bilbao obtained the best hamburger in the Basque Country with the Umami, made of Gran Reserva beef, with caramelized onions with Port, cheese, baby sprouts, homemade Gloucester sauce and brioche walnut bread.
Y The Red Owlof Deustemerged as the winner of the Burger Combat at the Salón Gourmet 2022. Mikel Galán, awarded Best Gourmet Burger Chef in Spain, presented “Cheese Bacon Mediterrasian Gourmet”, a burger consisting of pretzel bread, 200 g of pork chop, burrata smoked, dehydrated Iberian shoulder, fusion mayonnaise, lamb’s lettuce and Iberian ham shavings.
The Gardabera Butchers: in Pamplonaamong its natural burgers, won the Burger Butchers Choice with mayonnaise, lettuce, pickles, hamburger, monterey jack cheese, Iberian pork jowl, double American cheddar and red onion rings, plus Butchers sauce.
Bowie’s Meal House: in Logrono, Oviedo and Gijon You will find the best burger in La Rioja, Raclette “La Suiza”, 200 g Angus meat, bacon, natural onion, strawberry chutney and a mixture of Swiss and American cheeses on sourdough bread.
Charlie Comedy Burger Factory: in Bejarhave found the best in Castilla y León thanks to Burger Pantoja, 1906 Black Coupage black beer artisan brioche bread, arugula, 180 g of Iberian pork, toasted old cheese, green pepper zorongollo and sautéed garlic and Don Faustino Reserva ham .
2goburgers: in Saragossa, won the 2022 Aragón Best Burger Award with its Pecadora: with cheddar cheese, its own sauce, gherkin, caramelized onion, bacon and, of course, meat on brioche bread. Of course, do not miss the III edition of the Zaragoza Burger Fest!
If you don’t want to miss any of our articles, subscribe to our newsletters