Monday, September 27

The defense of the king emeritus clashes with the Prosecutor’s Office over corruption accusations


Crossing of communications between the Prosecutor’s Office of the Supreme Court and the defense of Juan Carlos de Borbón. The lawyer representing the monarch before the investigations into his assets has issued a four-paragraph note in which he criticizes that the Public Ministry attributes corruption crimes to his client and that, in addition, these evaluations have been made public in the last hours. “Such statements clearly violate the principle of presumption of innocence that protects every citizen and assessments and considerations that seriously harm His Majesty King Juan Carlos are transferred to public opinion,” he says.

The Prosecutor’s Office believes that Juan Carlos I enriched himself with “commissions and international business”

Know more

In the last hours, the content of a rogatory commission that the Supreme Court Prosecutor sent to the Swiss authorities last February has transpired. A letter in which the prosecutor leading the case stated that the investigation addressed not only tax crimes but also influence peddling, bribery and money laundering. It’s a statement made public this morning the same Prosecutor’s Office tried to lower the tone of his accusation by assuring that “we are not facing an opinion, request for prosecution or conclusions from the Prosecutor.”

Some statements that have not liked in the environment of the monarch. His lawyer, Javier Sánchez-Junco, issued a statement this noon assuring that this letter contains “serious affirmations and allegations of conduct that are carried out, in our opinion, without any support and are lacking the slightest justification”, also ensuring that these accusations about the collection of commissions are “contradicted by other facts of which nothing is said”.

In an unprecedented public confrontation between the Prosecutor’s Office and the defense of the emeritus king, the lawyer concludes that these accusations attack the fundamental rights of the monarch. “Such statements clearly violate the principle of presumption of innocence that protects every citizen, and assessments and considerations that seriously harm His Majesty King Juan Carlos are transferred to public opinion, who is subject to an investigation by the Prosecutor’s Office for more than a year “.

An intersection of communications that breaks with the usual public cordiality that both parties involved in the case have exhibited so far. So far the defense of Juan Carlos I has limited itself to explaining that it is in collaboration with any request that it receives from the Public Ministry, while the Prosecutor’s Office even notified him in November of the opening of one of the lines of investigation on his assets .



www.eldiario.es

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *