Season 4 is over stranger thingsand waiting for the fifth and final chapter of this story, the successful Duffer brothers are already preparing a spin-off of the series of Netflix and a play based on what happened in Hawkins.
This is because, according to reports dead linethe directors founded Upside Down Pictures, a production company that will squeeze out the franchise and deliver new titles and adaptations.
The brothers said the new company will be guided by the goal of creating the kind of stories that inspired them growing up, “stories that take place at that beautiful crossroads where the ordinary meets the extraordinary, where great spectacle coexists with work.” intimate of the characters, where the heart wins over cynicism.
- A new adaptation of the live action series of Death note, the Japanese manga and anime series originally written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata. The original centers on a brilliant teenager who discovers a mysterious black notebook that gives him supernatural power over life and death, the latter caused by writing a person’s name in the book. The teenager becomes intoxicated with power when he decides to cleanse the world of undesirables, while a team of law enforcement tries to stop him. Netflix made a movie adaptation back in 2017, but this will be a completely new take.
- An original series from creators Jeffrey Addiss and Will Matthews (Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance).
- A series adaptation of the 1984 Stephen King and Peter Straub novel Talisman which the Duffers will develop in conjunction with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment and Paramount Television. Created by the Co-EP and writer of stranger things Curtis Gwinn, Talisman tells the story of a young man who moves between New Hampshire and an alternate world called ‘The Territories’ to obtain an artifact that will save his mother’s life. Yes ok Talisman shares otherworldly qualities with stranger things, “It’s much more fantasy. It has science fiction. It has horror elements. He has a lot of heart. It has everything we love. And he has the best werewolf character I think, ever,” Matt Duffer told Deadline in yesterday’s in-depth interview.
- A new play set in the world and mythology of stranger things, produced by prolific UK-based theatrical producer Sonia Friedman, Stephen Daldry and Netflix. Daldry, whose credits include The Crown, Billy Elliot Y The Reader, will also direct. 21 Laps will serve as Associate Producer.
- The aforementioned live-action spin-off series Sstranger things for Netflix, based on an original idea by The Duffer Brothers, with Upside Down and 21 Laps producing.