The Ministry of Social Rights has once again demanded that the Minister of the Interior, Fernando Grande-Marlaska, stop the procedure for the return of minors to Morocco that began last Friday, after a Ceuta court ordered the suspension of the deportation of nine of the children under the care of the State because Spanish regulations are not being complied with. In addition, it demands “detailed information on the actions carried out so far” and on the fate of the children in Morocco.
Justice stops the return from Ceuta of nine Moroccan minors
“We request that the repatriation operation to Morocco of foreign minors who are in charge of the Public Entity for the Spanish protection of the city of Ceuta be stopped,” says a letter signed by the Secretary of State for Social Rights, Nacho Álvarez , and the general director of Children’s Rights, Violeta Assiego. In the letter, sent to the Interior this same Monday and to which elDiario.es has had access, it is stated that the judge’s order “shares the doubts” that Unidos Podemos has shown in recent days with the repatriation process launched Friday afternoon by the Ministry of the Interior.
On the same Friday, Social Rights already sent a letter to the department directed by Marlaska in which he warned of a possible breach of the law since the process “must have a protocol with individualized interviews with children” and the “knowledge on the part of the prosecution”.
In the letter dated Monday, Álvarez and Assiego assure that their doubts about the procedure have also been expressed by “the Ombudsman, the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Migrants and numerous children’s organizations.” And they cite the judicial order issued this morning, which ensures that “neither has the administrative procedure been processed, complying with the aforementioned mandatory procedures, nor does it contain an express resolution on said issue with respect to each of the minors enforceable in our legislation.”