The monetary authority keeps the price of the currency “treading” to remove pressure on prices, despite the fact that it was expected that the advance of the dollar would accelerate after the electoral elections. Although the real exchange rate is not low in historical terms, in recent months it suffered a delay since it cost monthly inflation to drop below 3%.
In the run-up to the elections, many operators in the market expected that the rate of advance of the dollar would accelerate after the legislative elections in November. This projection was fueled by the fact that reserves are not abundant.
In November, the month passed through by legislative elections, the number of people who bought savings dollars climbed 21.5%, while the amount of acquisitions jumped almost 25%. In this way, both variables reached their highest level in one year.
According to the report “Evolution of the Exchange Market and Exchange Balance” published this Thursday by the Central Bank (BCRA), during the second to last month of 2021 there were 926,000 individuals who bought US currency for hoarding, for a net total of US $ 171 million, record figures since November 2020.
In addition, the AFIP incorporated non-profit entities and cooperatives among the subjects not covered by the system of perception on account of taxes on Income and on Personal Assets, for operations carried out in foreign currency.
Thus, AFIP decided to limit the perceptions of the 35% Tax on Profits to the consumption in dollars with cards, tourism and tickets abroad.
Who will not suffer perceptions for the realization of consumption in dollars with debit and credit cards that pay in pesos, for the purchase of tourism services abroad, tickets to abroad, among others, are:
- Entities exempt from taxes by national laws.
- Cooperative societies.
- Religious institutions.
- Associations, foundations and civil entities of social assistance, public health, charity, charity, education and instruction, scientific, literary, artistic, trade union and those of physical or intellectual culture.
- Mutual entities.
- Sports and physical culture associations.
- International non-profit institutions, with legal status, with headquarters established in the Argentine Republic.
Who can not buy dollar savings?
- Those who bought MEP or CCL dollar in the last 90 days
- Those who received their last salary through the Work and Production Assistance program (ATP)
- Those who received social plans
- Monotributistas who have credits in progress at a subsidized rate
- Those who do not have their income declared to avoid purchases with black money or avoidance of the quota of US $ 200 through acquisitions through third parties
- Co-holders of bank accounts
- Individuals who spent their quota of US $ 200 with a card (includes, for example, Netflix or Spotify payment in dollars)
- People who have a 12-installment payment plan for credit card debts
- Those who refinanced their debts for personal, pledge or mortgage loans with banks.
How do I know if I am able to buy?
Those who wish to access the purchase of the savings dollar and are not within the group affected by the new conditions of the stocks, will be able to verify the qualification through the Negative Certification from ANSeS.
The Negative Certification is a proof that ANSeS issues and is valid for 30 days, where it is recorded that you do not register:
- Contributions as a worker under a dependency relationship;
- Affidavits of provinces not adhered to SIPA (for both active and passive workers);
- Transfers as Self-Employed and / or Monotributista and / or Workers of Private Houses;
- Maternity Allowance Collection for Private Home Worker;
- Collection of the Unemployment Benefit;
- Collection of social programs.
- Collection of the Universal Child Allowance;
- Collection of the Pregnancy Allowance;
- Collection of Progresar Scholarships;
- Collection of pension benefits in force on the date of the request.
- Social work.
In addition, this document shows whether or not the applicant is registered as a Social Monotributista informed by the Ministry of Social Development.