It’s not worth getting depressed about going back to work. September is still a very pleasant month to take advantage of the free hours after the office to enjoy the good weather and the company.
10 wines from the supermarket from 2.79 to 11.60 euros for the month of August
And, of course, to toast the vintage that is getting underway and that this year promises, here we bring you seven wines of all styles, starting with a fine, through a cava, a rosé, a white, two reds and Even a green wine!
We also bring you a cut stick, that miracle of oenology that happens in the generoso wineries of the Jerez and Montilla Moriles framework and, which, in general, usually has a quite high price, but we have found a cheaper one in a supermarket!
The most refreshing
- Headline: An inexpensive fine to get into the generous ones.
- Origin: Pedro Ximénez from Bodega Cruz Conde PDO Montilla-Moriles
- Description: Beware that this fine is a great surprise because in the mouth it is less salty and sharp than other fine wines. Which is not good or bad, but to start with, it is better this one with a touch of pastry brioche, which is also fresh, light and pleasant on the palate, not at all astringent and with very rich acidity that makes you salivate. There is nothing strange about the 88 Peñín Guide Points Medal.
- Pairing: Nuts, aged cheese, Iberian ham, smoked seafood, Japanese food.
- Graduation: 15% Vol.
- Price: 2.15 euros
- Supermarket: Aldi.
Cava Vinart Brut Nature vintage reserve 2018
- Headline: A cheerful and worthy vintage cava for what it costs.
- Origin: chardonnay, macabeo, parellada, xarel.lo, from Bodegas Vinart, DO Penedés.
- Description: on the nose it feels like a triumphal entry into a pastry shop with peach, pear and citrus on the cake. However, in the mouth, it is as dry as is expected of a brut nature, but its freshness and mouth-explosion do not associate it with the vintage concept that the label sells, which is perhaps even better, because it is rich, cheerful, agile. and with the bubble ready for the palate all the time.
- Pairing: we will not tire of repeating that cavas go with everything, from a paella with txuleta to a plate of good ham.
- Graduation: 11.5% Vol.
- Price: about 4 euros
- Supermarkets: Aldi.
Castle of Moinhos 2020
- Headline: An opportunity to taste a Portuguese green wine.
- Origin: loureiro variety from Adega Cooperativa de Ponte de Lima, DOC Vinho verde, from the Lima sub-region, in Portugal.
- Description: an authentic loureiro green wine (although the only thing green is the bottle), but it refers to the grape being harvested green, without reaching its full maturity, to which it owes its acidity and its little touch of needle. On the nose, it has a yellow apple aroma and, on the palate, it is fresh and dry like any self-respecting green wine. Remember to drink it very cold (8º-10º). With any of these cod recipes, great.
- Graduation: 12% Vol.
- Price: 2.95 euros.
- Supermarket: Mercadona.
- Headline: A fantastic Mencia rosé for summer.
- Origin: Mencía from Bodega Martín Códax, DO Rías Baixas.
- Description: on the nose comes peach, apricot and wild fruits and on the palate it is dry, with a rich acidity, more floral than fruity, with hints of jasmine and violet typical of Mencía.
- Pairing: With rice salads, delicious.
- Graduation: 12% Vol.
- Price: 7.65 euros.
- Supermarkets: Carrefour.
- Headline: An albariño of those that everyone likes.
- Origin: Albariño DO Rías Baixas de Marqués del Atrio.
- Description: It is a 100% Albariño with good acidity, with a certain mineral or saline character, an Atlantic effect. It is made in a winery called As Laxas and on the nose it gives citrus aromas such as grapefruit, while in the mouth it is fruity, pear and green apple in abundance. It happens too well!
- Pairing: With fish and shellfish, ad hoc.
- Graduation: 12.5% Vol.
- Price: 7.90 euros.
- Supermarkets: Eroski, Aldi, El Corte Inglés, Carrefour.
For the big ones winelovers
- Headline: An organic and biodynamic Grenache from Madrid.
- Origin: Garnacha from the plots “Corzos”, “El Camino”, “Boquerón”,
- “La Coja” and “Poniente”, creation of the oenologist Marta Rivera de la Cruz, from the Las Moradas de San Martín winery, DO Vinos de Madrid.
- Description: If you want to try an authentic Madrid Grenache like the ones we tell you in this report but from the supermarket, here you have a good representation of the Las Moradas terroir. Floral and mineral but with all that black and sweet fruit on the palate that lengthens allowing you to enjoy it longer.
- Pairing: With an Iberian secret with potatoes, great.
- Graduation: 14.5% Vol.
- Price: 9.29 euros.
- Supermarkets: Carrefour and El Corte Inglés.
Delicate cut stick
- Headline: An affordable chopped stick and in the supermarket is possible.
- Origin: fine palomino produced by González Byass exclusively for Alcampo, DO Jerez-Xérès-Sherry.
- Description: It is not easy to find a cheap cut stick, so this is a surprise worthy enough to start in the knowledge of the most mysterious and sophisticated generous in the world. Aged for eight years, this dry sherry straddles the elegance of Amontillado and the forcefulness of Oloroso, with a certain citrus touch that feels like the icing on a handmade brioche.
- Pairing: the cut stick goes with everything, from start to finish.
- Graduation: 19% Vol.
- Price: 12.95 euros.
- Supermarket: To field.
Balbás Crianza 18
- Headline: A deep wine with which you will be luxurious.
- Origin: 90% Tempranillo and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon from Bodegas Balbás, in Burgos.
- Description: It seems to us a tint with a predominance of tempranillo, the variety that the Balbás dominate to perfection since they founded the regulatory council of the DO Ribera del Duero with the right mix with other varieties. It is a delicate, lively, joyous, deep aging thanks to those 18 months in the barrel that feel like a caress to the coupage, despite the fruit intensity with which it manifests itself until the last taste bud of the tongue, where it remains sip after sip.
- Pairing: with truffle cheese it is very rich.
- Graduation: 14.5% Vol.
- Price: From 13.22 euros.
- Supermarkets: Eroski, El Corte Inglés and Hipercor.
* ConsumptionClaro’s team of journalists and experts rigorously and independently recommend products and services to our readers. Every time you buy through some links added to this text, eldiario.es receives a commission.
If you don’t want to miss any of our items, subscribe to our newsletters