The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees a marked drop in temperatures for this Sunday in much of the Peninsula, although they will still be somewhat high in the Ebro valley and Mallorca. Locally heavy rainfall is expected in the north of Galicia and in Asturias.
In addition, intervals of strong wind are expected on the Galician coast and in the Pyrenees.
The maximums will drop significantly in a good part of the Peninsula, and the decline will be less pronounced on the coasts and in the Balearic Islands. The minimums, for their part, will descend in most of the Peninsula. The thermometers will remain with few changes in the Canary Islands.
In the northwestern third of the peninsula, cloudy skies are expected with precipitation that could be accompanied by a storm and be locally strong in the north of Galicia and in Asturias.
There will be cloudy intervals and daytime cloudiness in other areas of the northwestern half of the peninsula, with the possibility of some generally weak showers, more likely in the western Pyrenees.
In the rest of the Peninsula and in the Balearic Islands, slightly cloudy skies with some low morning clouds on the Valencian coast. In the Canary Islands, cloudy intervals in the north of the islands and clearer skies in the south.
As for the winds, strong intervals from the north on the Galician coast; moderate western component in the Cantabrian area and the Andalusian coast.
The wind will blow from the southwest on the peninsular Atlantic slope, and from the southeast in the Balearic Islands and in the peninsular northeast, with strong intervals in the Pyrenees. In the Canary Islands, moderate trade winds from the northeast.
Forecast by autonomous communities
- Galicia: predominance of cloudy or covered skies tending temporarily to cloudy intervals. Showers occasionally accompanied by storms at dawn, without ruling out that they are locally strong in the northwest quadrant. Later, light rains and showers are expected, which will be somewhat more intense in the north and will spread from the west. The temperatures will go down, more pronounced in the maximum, which will be notable in the eastern half and in the interior of A Coruña. The wind will blow from the weak southwest, turning and increasing to the north and northwest, with some very strong gusts in exposed areas of A Mariña.
- Asturias: Cloudy or covered, temporarily with cloudy intervals during the morning. Showers occasionally accompanied by storms, in the early hours of the morning that can be locally strong; from midday scattered rains and showers. The temperatures will register a progressive decrease, which will be more pronounced in the maximum of the interior, which will be notable and with minimums that will be registered at the end of the day. The light wind from the southwest turning to the northwest and increasing, with more intense intervals during the afternoon, especially on the coast, and with very strong gusts in the capes.
- Cantabria: Cloudy intervals with some showers and storms in the early hours, tending to slightly cloudy with intervals of low clouds and increasing cloudiness from midday due to daytime evolution, without ruling out an isolated shower or occasional storm. Morning mists indoors at the beginning and end of the day. Falling temperatures, more pronounced that of the maximum, which will be extraordinary on the coast and notable in the rest. The wind will blow from the west along the coast, tending to variable light in the morning, and intensifying in the afternoon to the west and northwest with strong intervals. In the interior wind from the southwest, easing to variable loose in the afternoon.
- Basque Country: Slightly cloudy, increasing the cloudiness of daytime evolution in the afternoon, when there is a low probability of an isolated shower in the northeast, and increasing to covered with low clouds at the end of the day. Morning mists and fogs in high areas of the interior. Falling temperatures, more pronounced that of the maximum, which will be extraordinary on the coast and notable in the rest. On the coast, wind from the west at the beginning and end of the day, and light from the north the rest of the day. Inside, it will blow lightly from the south and southwest, shifting to the north in the afternoon.
- Castilla y León: In the mountainous northwest and north it will be cloudy with showers that can go with a storm, which are also likely in the west and north, without ruling them out in the rest. The temperatures will go down, which will be noticeable in the maximum. The winds will blow from the southwest, with strong gusts in the afternoon.
- Navarra: Little cloudy or clear, increasing the cloudiness of daytime evolution in the afternoon, with scattered showers and occasional storms in the northern half, which will be more frequent and intense in the Pyrenees. The minimum temperatures in decline, which will be locally notable. The maximum also in decline, more prominent in the western third and extraordinary in the extreme northwest. On the Cantabrian side, the wind will be light from the north; in the rest, wind from the south and southeast tending to variable loose in the afternoon.
- La Rioja: Cloudy intervals, without ruling out scattered showers with storms, which will be more likely in the west. The temperatures will go down and will be noticeable in the maximum. The wind will blow from the southeast or southwest.
- Aragón: Slightly cloudy or clear, with daytime cloudiness in the north of Cinco Villas and the western half of the Pyrenees, where an isolated shower or occasional storm in the afternoon is not ruled out. Falling temperatures, especially the maximum. In the Pyrenees, a moderate to strong southerly wind will blow, with very strong gusts at high altitudes. In the Ebro valley, it will be from the moderate southeast; in the rest of the northern, southern and southeastern half, weak to moderate; in the southern half, wind from the south and southwest weak to moderate.
- Catalonia: Little cloudy or clear, with some mist or scattered morning intervals of low clouds on the coast. Falling temperatures, especially in the interior highs. In the western Pyrenees, a moderate to strong southerly wind, with very strong gusts at high altitudes and in the Arán Valley; in the rest, wind from the east and southeast weak to moderate.
- Extremadura: Cloudy intervals, without ruling out scattered showers in the northern third, which will be more likely in the northwest. Falling temperatures, which can be noticeable at highs in the east. Winds will be from the southwest and west.
- Community of Madrid: Clear skies, with some clouds of evolution in the Sierra. Falling temperatures, which will be noticeable in the highs. The winds will be weak from the southwest, more intense in the central hours.
- Castilla – La Mancha: Clear and some evolution cloud in the southeast of Albacete, which could lead to an isolated dry storm. Chance of cloudy skies due to haze in the southeast in the morning. The temperatures will go down, which will be noticeable in the maximum. The winds will blow weak from the south, which will tend to the southwest, more intense during the central hours of the day, with strong gusts associated with storms from the southeast.
- Comunitat Valenciana: Clear, with some mist or scattered morning intervals of low clouds on the coast. The temperatures will go down, especially in the maximum, except in the interior of Valencia. The east and southeast wind is loose, with moderate intervals on the coast.
- Region of Murcia: Slightly cloudy skies. Falling temperatures, except for the highs that will remain unchanged in the Northwest. Loose variable winds, tending to a southerly component.
- Balearic Islands: Slightly cloudy or clear sky. Temperatures with little change or decrease in daytime temperatures, especially in Pitiusas. The wind from the east and southeast with some strong interval in coastal areas of the Sierra de Tramuntana from the afternoon.
- Andalusia: Skies with intervals of low morning clouds in the western third, and daytime cloudiness in the Sierra de Aracena. Falling temperatures, which will be locally notable in the interior highs, and highs with few changes on the Mediterranean coast. The west component winds are increasing, more intense on the Mediterranean coast, with occasionally very strong gusts in the eastern highlands, and the Levante coast of Almeria.
- Canary Islands: In the north of the islands of greater relief, cloudy intervals with a predominance of slightly cloudy skies in the afternoon. In the rest, slightly cloudy or clear except for some cloudy intervals in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura in the early and late hours. Calima in height that will mainly affect the eastern islands and Tenerife. Temperatures without changes or in slight decrease. The wind will blow from the northeast, with intervals of strong and low probability of locally very strong gusts on the southeast and northwest slopes of the islands with greater relief. They will be more likely in Gran Canaria.