WhatsApp is the leading messaging application in more than 150 countries, including India, Germany, the United Kingdom and all of Latin America. That’s why you should download it if you’re looking for an easy way to communicate with practically everyone you know, no matter where they live. However, adding contacts individually can be a lousy way to spend an afternoon. To help you, we created this guide in which we show how to add a contact on whatsapp in the fastest and most convenient way.
You will be interested:
- On the conversations screen, tap the chat icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- On the next screen, click on New contact.
- Type the name and phone number of the person you want to add. These data are mandatory, as well as the email.
- The information for this newly added contact will appear in your contacts.
- On the chat screen, tap on the Chat icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Choose New contact on the next screen.
- Enter the contact information of the person you want to add.
- Click on Keep in the upper right corner of the window. The next screen will show you in detail the complete contact that you just added to your address book.
- This new contact will also appear in your address book.
As you start to use WhatsApp more often, you will want to add more people to your contacts. Since you can only communicate with people who already have WhatsApp, you may have to employ friendly persuasion tactics to get your friends to download yet another app on their phones, if they haven’t already downloaded the popular Facebook-owned app.
How to invite friends from an iPhone
- Go to the chat window and tap on the chat icon in the top right corner.
- On the next screen, scroll to the bottom.
- touch Invite friends to WhatsApp.
- Select from the menu if you want to send the invitation by email (Mail) or Messages.
- Select your friend from the contact list and click on the button Send 1 invitation.
- WhatsApp sends a pre-written note with a standard text with an invitation and a link to the application in the App Store.
How to invite friends from an Android device
- Go to the chat screen and start a new chat.
- In the next window click on invite friends.
- The application allows you to access email or messages, from where you can send the invitation to your friend.
- Press Send.
- Your friend will receive a link to WhatsApp in the Google Play Store, from where they can download and register as a new user.
Adding a friend from abroad is the same as adding any other contact in your own country. As always, start by going to the chat screen and add a new contact. Just make sure you follow the protocol for adding foreign phone numbers.
- When adding the contact’s phone number, always start with a plus sign (+).
- Type the country code, a nation-specific number prefix, followed by your contact’s phone number.
- Look on the Internet what is the country code of your friend if you don’t know him.
Remove any leading zeros or calling codes from the phone number after entering the country code.
WhatsApp users can create QR codes for their contact information and share them with others to make entering this information easier and more accurate. With a QR you can save or share a contact, start a conversation or add someone to a group. This is how you can create a QR code; the process is the same on iOS and Android.
- Opens WhatsApp> Settings.
- Tap the icon with a QR code next to your name.
- touch Scan code > OK.
- Hold the phone over the code until it recognizes it and vibrates.
- touch Add to contacts.
- Alternatively, to open the WhatsApp camera, tap the camera icon (top on Android; bottom on iOS).
- touch Add to contacts.