Is there a recipe for success on TikTok? Although much of this will depend on the quality of the content that you offer to your audience, it never hurts to know what is the best time to post on TikTok in 2022.
You will be interested:
The platform does an excellent job of suggesting content to users that might be of interest to them, but studies have found that most of these recommendations have a peculiarity: they are not more than a couple of days old since they were originally published.
Another factor to consider is frequency, as this will also influence how the platform distributes your content. TikTok recommends doing it between one to four times a dayalthough there should always be a balance between this criterion and what interests your followers.
But is there a better time to post on TikTok? With certain nuances, some studies have concluded that there are times when your content is more likely to be successful.
What is the best time to post on TikTok
Hootsuite, one of the leading social media consultancies, analyzed the behavior of TikTok users and concluded that there are days when morning posts perform better, while at other times the result is reversed.
According to Hootsuite, morning posts seem to perform better earlier in the week (Monday-Wednesday), while evening or late-night posts perform better over the weekend (Thursday-Sunday).
Meanwhile, a study of Influencer Marketing Hubwhich analyzed the performance of more than 100,000 posts, established a calendar of the best times of the day to schedule content.
|Day||ET Time||PT Time|
|Monday||6 a.m., 10 a.m., 10 p.m.||3 a.m., 7 a.m., 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||2 a.m., 4 a.m., 9 a.m.||1 a.m., 6 a.m.|
|Wednesday||7 a.m., 8 a.m., 11 p.m.||4 a.m., 5 a.m., 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m., 12 a.m., 7 p.m.||6 a.m., 9 a.m., 4 p.m.|
|Friday||5 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.||2 a.m., 10 p.m., 1 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m.||8 a.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||7 a.m., 8 a.m., 4 p.m.||4 a.m., 5 a.m., 1 p.m.|
In any case, you should consider that it is an average, so it is key to know your audience. And for this, you must not only know where they live (with the time differences that these recommendations imply), but also their behavior on the platform.
What are the best days to post on TikTok?
Although with slight differences, what the Hootsuite and Influencer Marketing Hub reports agree on is that there are three days when posts have a better average performance globally.
According to Hootsuite, these days are as follows:
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. ET / 7 a.m. PT
- Thursday: 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
- Friday: 8 a.m. ET / 5 a.m. PT
Meanwhile, according to Influencer Marketing Hub, the best days are:
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. ET / 6 a.m. PT
- Thursday: 12 p.m. ET / 9 a.m. PT
- Friday: 5 a.m. ET / 2 a.m. PT
Tips for choosing the best time to post on TikTok
Although it is a guide to say what are the most appropriate times to post on TikTok, the important thing is that you also know the behavior of your audience. And these are some of the keys to do it:
- Review your best performing posts: keep track of your posts and note when you made the ones that had the most reach.
- See what other successful accounts are doing– Find accounts that target a similar audience to yours and see what time of day they’re posting.
- Know when your audience is available: try to keep track of the time of day when your posts have the most reach. Maybe that’s the right time.
- Be flexible: There is no guaranteed path to success on TikTok, rather it is trial and error. If something doesn’t work, try another strategy.