No. Twitter will not stop being free. However, the micro-messaging social network released Twitter Blue, a version that offers functions premium. A button to edit tweets? Neither, but there are tools that, according to the company, will improve your experience on the platform. We explain what is Twitter Blue, what are its characteristics and how can you subscribe.
You will be interested in:
What is Twitter Blue
Twitter Blue is the strategy of Jack Dorsey to monetize the platform founded in 2006. Simply put, Twitter Blue is a monthly subscription that gives users exclusive access to premium features and app customizations for a fee.
Launched in mid-2021 in Canada and Australia, since November 2021 it is already available in the United States and Australia for the iOS, Android and desktop versions.
If you expected this paid version to incorporate a button to edit tweets, there is bad news. At the moment, this tool is not contemplated and the company has said that it is not part of its next developments either. Anyway, these are the functions you can find:
- Whithout ads: is a fast-loading, ad-free reading experience for news sites that are partners of the platform.
- Summary of main articles: Subscribers can see the articles most shared by their community in the last 24 hours, similar to the one offered by the Nuzzel app and which was bought by Twitter.
- Customize your Twitter: modify icons and themes; create folders for saved items; and the ability to customize the navigation bar are some of the features.
- Undo tweets: it’s the closest thing to the edit button. Allows you to configure a mechanism to preview tweets and review them before they are sent.
- Thread reading mode (Reader): makes long threads easy to read and even lets you change the size of the text.
- Twitter Blue Labs: early access to features become part of the standard version of Twitter or become tools premium.
Since the tool is still in the development phase, it is convenient to know what the feature availability depending on the platform you use, before making the decision to subscribe:
|Articles without advertising||Yes||No||Yes|
In the United States, Twitter Blue costs $ 2.99 per month. However, the value will vary depending on the country you reside in, although it is most likely equivalent.
The monthly value in local currency – when the tool arrives in your country – will appear when you decide to subscribe. The tool does not offer annual plans.
As of November 2021, Twitter Blue is available in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Twitter has not detailed an implementation schedule.
If you want to subscribe to Twitter Blue, you can do it directly from the iOS, Android app or through the desktop website. You just have to follow the following steps:
- Open Twitter and log into your account.
- Press your profile picture on mobile or More options on the desktop web.
- Choose Twitter Blue.
- Click the button to subscribe and enter the payment method.
- You will be able to use the functions premium from Twitter.